Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 3GS on Orange

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, Nov 2, 2009.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Just found out the release date for the iphone on Orange, 10th November apparently, I just had a look at the contract plans and they suck! My contract runs out on 6th November what do I do? I am thinking about leaving Orange unless Chris can do me an awesome deal some how :)

2. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

are the tariffs up on the orange website? It ain't loading for me

3. Becky

Becky Member

4. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Thanks Becky, god that hurts my eyes reading that page... I'd probably go for the 18 month £34.26 one. What's tethering?!

5. Becky

Becky Member

I wish I knew :( kind of glad I'm off work next Tuesday might pop to the Orange shop :D (which is next to the Apple store lol)

Edit: Tethering

6. tim

tim Senior Member

tethering is in my view the only improvement.

but unlimited data isnt actually unlimited data.

granted it's 750MB but im pretty sure i do half of that in apps/internet browsing a month... what about downloading from itunes etc?

i dunno.

anyone who thought the "monopoly" would end was stupid, apple arent exactly gonna let orange put it at £15/m to start are they.

7. glenwheeler

lol, exactly what I thought!

8. Becky

Becky Member

it does indeed burn the retinas a bit, good job I have a week off work next week so I can go wander around the apple store like a lost puppy and then head to the orange store :D

9. glenwheeler

so Tim the question still reamains...can you get us DF'ers any deals...maybe a free handset or a half price 16gb or 32gb handset? lol..I am willing to pay a decent amount, if the spec is decent lol

10. tim

tim Senior Member

why would i be able to get you discount?

(do not answer) :p

11. glenwheeler

lol..booo

12. tim

tim Senior Member

HAHAHAH that's awesome.

orange arent going to be popular

three of the most popular apps in the uk are over 100MB, one is actually 400MB, so anyone who is an appoholic (nearly every user) is fucked!

13. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

boy got a point

14. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

what do you mean so you use your monthly web allownace on downloading one app?

15. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

its possible, I downloaded civilisation for my ipod, 140meg, so that is a fifth of your downloading before you've even gone online!

16. bloody hell Mike 140meg for Civ on the ipod .. thats massive LOL :)

17. tim

tim Senior Member

just look at how much you're planning on using it.

youtube videos? 50MB+ **
    downloading an app/itunes? 10-800MB
    using apps which are connected to the internet?? 1/2MB every 5 minutes or so
    IM+ or BeeJive? prohibited **

** orange have said that their network plans prohibit usage of instant messaging and maybe even usage of the youtube application unless connected to wifi.

looking at the figures you dont think you'll use that much. but just consider the times your on the bus/train, first thing in the morning, when you're on a night out, uploading images to twitter/wordpress/msn/facebook/myspace/whateverthefuck, you'll be reaching 750MB easily

18. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I know! its the trial version, but it's the full version. Sadly its not as great as I remember, however they have upgraded it loads.

19. Becky

Becky Member

Existing customers still in their contract are likely to be screwed over anyhow. Take it with an entire bag of salt, since orange store staff aren't too high on the evolutionary scale ...

My boyfriend went into an orange store today and was told that existing customers won't be eligible for iphones (unless of course you're currently eligible for an upgrade). Seems a little odd to me, but we'll see. It's still an excuse for me to travel back into civilisation next week and go hang out at the apple store :D

20. charles

charles Senior Member

weird, I guess they don't need to do them cheaper as every fooker under the sun want's one