Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPad tips

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by davewill, Jan 4, 2011.

1. davewill

davewill Senior Member

hi guys, so i got an iPad for Christmas, completely unexpected! Now Ive downloaded all of the basic apps and a few games I wondered if anyone could recommend any apps that they find really useful (for any walk of life!)
    Cheers

2. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Angry Birds of course!

3. davewill

davewill Senior Member

haha,thanks typo, that was my first purchase! Ive bought angry birds, time crisis, everybdoys golf and scrabble. I also added the twitter/facebook apps, flipbook, dropbox, adobe ideas, PS express and then got a few free news apps (bbc, sky sports, telegraph, NY Times, Empire mag)

4. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Must-buy.

5. davewill

davewill Senior Member

thanks jimlad, ive already got that on my iphone. ive wasted many a bus journey collecting gold rings!

6. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Zombie Farm is cool. I'm on level 20 now. Blimey.

7. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Nice one, don't waste your money on Sonic 4 though, I got the PS3 version and it's floaty and slow.

8. Chris Lord

Chris Lord Senior Member

Can Knock Down!! - annoyingly addictive and simple

9. wac

wac Senior Member

A friend of mine has air hockey which is quite entertaining.

10. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Plants vs Zombies and Cut The Rope are fun games :)

11. xxmissbirdyxx

xxmissbirdyxx Senior Member

iPad 2 rumoured to be out in 3-4 weeks with higher resolution and front and back facing cameras :D

12. FiveAgainstOne

FiveAgainstOne Junior Member

Pulse is an excellent RSS newsreader, updated recently to pull in Facebook and Twitter feeds too. Project magazine is worth a look. It's Richard Branson's new ipad specific one. Second issue has just been released. Looks amazing with the video backgrounds and the interactive adverts.
    Guardian eyewitness (a photo a day) is worth a look.
    Flick Kick Football is a great paper toss style football game.
    Fruit Ninja is cool
    CineXPlayer is a great video player, letting you watch movies in most formats without converting to apple formats.