Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipad 2

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by mrp2049, Mar 2, 2011.

1. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

2. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Nice one Mike, good to see Big Jobs made it :up:
  3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

just out of curiosity here, but has iOS added multi tasking where it doesn't suspend the background apps yet? If it doesn't multi task then the added core is pretty much marketing nothing more as most of the effects shown in the video's on engadget would be gpu driven.....

I wonder how similar to samsung's exynos (orion) chip the new a5 is too as the a4 was basically a carbon copy...

The white one looks ugly although I do like the magnetic 'covers' as they're pretty practical.
  4. I prefer the white one to the black:) Think i prefered the covers for the first ipad, though they are pretty nice.
  5. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Ready to put in an order, never got the ipad but will get this one.
  6. wac

wac Senior Member

These look super cool but wouldn't it better to have a full operating system on your tab so you can run the Creative Suite and Office for example.
  7. Becky

Becky Member

Err isn't that what Macbooks & Airs are for?

While touchscreen laptops would be fab, the ipad isn't really meant for that.
  8. wac

wac Senior Member

I understand your point but it seems that every new gizmo in this vein is a step closer to our desktops and laptops, of course as you said there are ‘slim’ notebooks that are bridging the gap but surely devices like the iPad sell because they are so small and portable but at the moment we’re setting for the ‘apps’ of the app store when a much larger and more useful stock of software already exists for OSx and Windows 7.
    In addition being able to attach peripherals would also be an incredible boon.

So yeah I understand there is a market for these devices and certainly wouldn’t say no to them but I think we’re on the brink of a generation of much more useful tablet computers.
  9. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

wac, in essence you're after a slate with a pressure sensitive stylus, this was what I was after originally (asus ep121) but then asus screwed up the design and took away the detachable keyboard :(
  10. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I dont think the tablets are really aimed at people like us, but are at the same time.

The average person uses a computer for emails, internet, office stuff and games. We want more from our computers (it drives me crazy knowing people who have MBP's and do nothing other than surf the net), to someone like us, it is a separation from the computer, so we don't have to be reminded that we need to work!

This upgrade would be perfect if they included an external slot, memory card/usb pen connectivity.