invoicing software?

danny kay

As I mentioned I'm in the process of open my own print & design studio.. (i'll upload pictures when I get a chance).

Just wondering if anyone could recommend any particular invoicing software? I have used invoice2go previous and it wasn't bad.. cheap, and very simple although it didn't have auto billing for hosting bills.

Any help would be great.

Dan

I've designed my own invoices. I print and send them and do it all manually, with a pen and accounts book.

Invoicing software

Depends what you're looking for really

I'm using Gooroo Easy Online Invoicing Software - Gooroo although it doesn't currently have auto-billing but I've been told it will do soon.

I believe Freshbooks and FreeAgent currently do have auto billing.

If you're wary of a web-based program try sliq tools or Sage 50

Cheers

Hi Dan

I've been using FreeAgent for about 12 months now and it's excellent.

It's easy to use, generates invoices, quotes and you can import bank statements and get a realtime look at where you business is moneywise at an given time. It also lets you export everything to be able to send out to an accountant, and its also have a great referral scheme :icon_biggrin:

Gareth - I believe this is a monthly payment program is that right.

I too use billings, which was a one off payment of £40 and thats it. No importing of bank statements that I know of, but it does reporting on clients and also can do time coating on projects.

Its a hassle to do, but most do a 30 day trial - so try invoicing a few made up clients and see how it goes

I currently use side job track and its free but New User signups have been suspended. I'm looking to move to a system that does everything it does:

• allows you to create clients
  • allows you to create reusable billing items
  • shows you annual reports of what you have invoiced
  • shows you how much you have invoiced individual clients
  • allows you to invoice for part payments on a project

plus

I need this dang automated billing for hosting, monthly seo etc that will just send out the invoice automatically - anyone have something that does all this?

Hi Dan

I've been using FreeAgent for about 12 months now and it's excellent.

It's easy to use, generates invoices, quotes and you can import bank statements and get a realtime look at where you business is moneywise at an given time. It also lets you export everything to be able to send out to an accountant, and its also have a great referral scheme :icon_biggrin:

I'm going to look into this one and will let you get it as referral :icon_biggrin: if I go beyond free trial. One of the things I don't want or need to do is the Accounts - I have an accountant for that so invocing and keping tabs on money going in and out will be useful - can't quite see from the walk through - does it do automated billing?

Last edited:
Yep, your billed monthly, I've used it for about a year now and it's been great.
You can import bank statements and reconcile them, raise invoices etc etc. Not sure on automated billing as it's not something I use.

Also as a bonus it's a UK based company that have developed and run it so it's UK centric rather than US centric.

Back