Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Phil M, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Phil M

Phil M Junior Member

Hello Good people

Came across the Forum, whilst looking for freelence people involved in web developing/design work, in my area. seems like a good site and a possible place to start for my search... let me explain...

I run a small Project management Co. involved in print & related services (everything from fixing Client artwork, through data conversion, personalising and mailing). Mostly the pain in the a** work that other suppliers dont want to get involved in. Our Clients know they can trust us to deliver, weve being doing it for 30 years, so yes youve guessed it, im probably the oldest person on this site (49)

We have been hearing utter horror stories from several Clients when it comes to developing, designing & implementing their web Client said to me, "Phil why dont you get into web work, that way we know it will work". So that is why Im here, I want to explore the possibility of forging partnerships with people with the right skill set. adding this to our Project management & Client interface, to create a winning formula for the provision of web sites.

If anyone is interested, please get in touch
  2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Phil,

Welcome to Design Forums, thanks for posting an introduction, where abouts in Kent are you based? I'm down in Margate.

Hope you find the forums beneficial :)
    Cheers, Greg
  3. Welcome to the forum Phil :)
  4. Phil M

Phil M Junior Member

Hi Greg

Were based in Maidstone, in the town Centre. Thanks for the welcome

5. Greg

Greg Active Member

Ahh cool not too far away then, I went to UCCA in Maidstone, used to commute back and forth for my course, not a fun drive in the mornings!

So are you looking specifically for web designers to put design concepts together or web developers to take designs provided to working sites? Or both?
  6. Phil M

Phil M Junior Member

Not a fun drive in the evenings either..

Well both really, as what we would like to do is form the front operation and co-ordinate resource in the same way that we do for our traditional projects, these currently involve us using 4 to 5 different suppliers for each project. We know what were doing with print, graphic design & related stuff, but web is new ground for us, so a sharp learning curve is involved.
  7. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Phil!
  8. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

How do Phil.
  9. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Welcome to the forums bluds, an F1 Fan?
  10. Phil M

Phil M Junior Member

Many thanks Jim, like your work
  11. Phil M

Phil M Junior Member

F1 fan since before the dawn of time, first GP at my local circuit, Brands Hatch, I think it was 78, in the days when it alternated with Silverstone. We thought Silverstone was flat and boring, as we couldnt see anything. We used to park the car near the track and stand on the roof (you cant do that now)
  12. Greg

Greg Active Member

Glen has found an F1 fan! :D
    (He's been asking new members if they like F1 for quite some time Phil)
  13. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Haha. You finally found a fellow F1 fan Glen. :clap:

Welcome to the forum Phil. Enjoy your stay! :)
  14. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

wooooooah XD Phil me and you need to talk...Greg I demand an F1 Section HAHA! XD
  15. DeanZappy

DeanZappy Senior Member

I was at the Melbourne GP in '08 & '09 :p
  16. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I was stuck in traffic on Friday.