intro page?

fawads1

hi all, i just want a beautiful intro page for my website, like when some1 wants to open my website soo first a page shows up wid animations and links? soo plz suggesst me some ideas

how about a really pretty wall which when you hover your pointer over it has this random head (selected from a range of heads) pop up. When the head pops up it says welcome to "insert site name" in elven tongue before asking you to click on a randomly placed enter here button :)

Seriously though - as Kevin said just don't do it unless you have a multinational company there's no need for it with automatic redirects etc for mobile phone browsers etc

The only time I have ever given in to a landing page is on a multilingual platform site. Even then, I didn't entirely see the point, as the secondary language wasn't the primary language of the people behind the site.

fawads1 said:
hi all, i just want a beautiful intro page for my website, like when some1 wants to open my website soo first a page shows up wid animations and links? soo plz suggesst me some ideas

What is your site about? If it is your design or art portfolio an intro page is a nice idea.

On the other hand if you site is something else, e.i. an ecommerce portal or a forum or an online resource, you might end up loosing some visitors. One should never generalise, though.

dekkerfraser said:
Intro pages are outdated unless it's a landing page for some particular sales offer.

I think this is up to us web designers (you, me, and so on) to decide!

When I saw the title of this I thought someone was having a laugh..

Even with a multilingual site there's obviously going to be a primary language, and a little drop-down of available languages wouldn't hurt on the site.

Avoid intro pages at all costs.. Just trust me on that.

Hay I'm going with Levi's point but if I may when the head pops up and you hover over it it should bang the wall repeatadly.

But 99% of the time don't do it, Search Engines wont even rank it and will go for the page after it, if they can get to it, meaning if your users get to your site off the SERPs there is a high chance they wont even see it. So unless you need it or you know that the majority of traffic will be typing your address in to the address bar manually, not like most people do that is actual type the full address into a search engine then still come off the SERPs, or following set in stone links its really a massive waste of time.

Back