Interview dress etiquette

Men in suits always look good... but yes, smart shoes and a watch (so that you won't be late) Make sure that you turn your phone off.

Good luck - the CV got you somewhere!!

I don't think it is necessary to wear a suit in a creative design agency interview. I got my first 'job' (well, paid work placement) by turning up in jeans, trainers and a tshirt. My first proper job I wore just casual clothes. I have heard stories of people laughing at the noob who turns up in a full suit. To be safe you can probably balance it out being smart / casual - wear smart jeans, smartish trainers or shoes and a shirt or polo shirt. I think a full suit is and tie is always going to be overkill in a design agency if you are going for a designer role. If you are going to be an account exec / manager (or other role) then this advice would change and If it is a corporate in house type role being more smart than casual would probably be the safest bet.

Smart casual! Dark jeans, shirt, simple shoes to compliment the outfit! Take this from a ex-supersales adviser that worked in Next! Creative agencies don't want to see you all serious and kitted out in a suit, they want to see you stripped back to basics, with an element of flare. Turning up in your scruffs is hardly advisable as it shows your lack of commitment to even looking presentable.

I went to my interviews in what I said above, when I got there they were all stood about in shirts and jeans. Now I go to work in whatever I pull out the wardrobe.....good times....

Back