Internship... Help us please !!

Clashbomb

Hi,

I am a French student in Design and with my girl friend, we would like, if possible, to do the requiered internship in London in April together. I already have a confirmed internship thanks to Internship in London • London Internship Placements, Work Experience, Student Placements, Internships., which is a placement agency. So this is good news !
But, unfortunatly, my girl friend does not have an internship yet and she prefers to save her money and ask the placement agency to find her an internship only if she is out of solutions in March.
She does not have much time to find, so we'd like to know if there's any alternative and efficient solutions you think of ?

Thnak you very very much for your help !!

Julien and Marie

If she doesn't have much time, try asking to do an internship that's one day per week over a month or so. This means you'll see a variety of different projects rather than just seeing part of one project.

I've never used an internship agency (I didn't even know they existed) but I would imagine the 'best' studios would prefer to take on an intern who made the effort to get in touch with them directly.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your answer!! Unfortunatly, our school do not validate part time internships. But I guess we can have a try and talk to the internship office.

Actually, many companies do not want to deal with students directly: they only hire interns from placement agencies. They might receive thousands of applications and do not want to spend time on them... :icon_dunno:

Actually, many companies do not want to deal with students directly: they only hire interns from placement agencies. They might receive thousands of applications and do not want to spend time on them... :icon_dunno:

I suppose in London that makes sense where competition is strong :icon_smile:

Back