Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Security

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by wac, Sep 8, 2010.

1. wac

wac Senior Member

I’ve got a PC running Norton 2010 and I’ve had no problems with it. But sometimes I get a paranoid feeling that my webcam has been accessed and people are watching me working, yes I said WORKING. What does everyone who rocks a PC have in way of security?

2. davewill

davewill Senior Member

haha, wac that sure is paranoid! maybe u shud put a little cover over your webcam just in case? :s
    ________
    BigNipples cam

3. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Sure...masking tape is the answer.

And remember to bite your lip.

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Norton & masking tape here :)
    Oh, and AVG Free, CCleaner & AdAware Free.

5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

adsl wifi router with built in firewall, port 80 diverts to my nas, microsoft security essentials, windows 7 built in firewall and windows 7 x64 uac set to normal.

Got CCleaner installed but not for internet security, thats for tidying up the pc with in my case.

6. my PC at home doesn't have a webcam :lol: other than that I use a Mac :)

7. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Doesn't your cam have a little light next to it that shows if it's active or not? My mac does, and perhaps the cam can be triggered without the light flashing, but I'm not really bothered by it.

8. it does have a little light next to it when its on.. but i'm not bothered by it either :)

9. wac

wac Senior Member

yes there is a little blue light but I figured the seasoned hacker could get around that., actually my camera is independent of my monitor so I could just face it towards a wall or even construct an elaborate diorama to fool the potential intruder into thinking they were spying on some hostel-esque torture chamber, but that might be going to far.

10. Mark Alexander

Mark Alexander Senior Member

Pretty unlikely that anyone could/would bother doing that, but I did disable mine in device manager on account of my fat fingers hitting the start video call shortcut in MSN sometimes.

11. Wee Jimmy

Wee Jimmy Senior Member

Webcam hacking to see if the house is empty is the way of the future criminal masterminds.

12. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

[​IMG]

oh how the worlds emotions can be spread through lol cats!

13. Greg

Greg Active Member

Home Alone 5? or is it 6 now?
    Speaking of which.. this will make everyone feel old, Macaulay Calkin was 30 a couple of weeks ago!!

14. Levi

doesn't make me feel old, I'm only 30 :p

15. Greg

Greg Active Member

Alright Macaulay ;)

16. Levi

he's dating mila kunis and he's filfthy rich, yeah I think I could live with being him lol

17. Thewholehogg

Don't go there.

18. Levi

I know it's hard typo, I know mila is hard to let go of but you know it's time to put the past behind you and move on :p

19. Thewholehogg

Restraining order....say no more.