Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inspiration help PLEASE

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Josella Caci, May 30, 2011.

1. Josella Caci

Josella Caci Member

Hi ya'll!

some may remember me posting a similar thread a while back. I have returned to a uni project that I previously had to abandon due to extenuating circumstances:

To design a 12 page (6 spread) book style Annual Report for a HOME CRAFT SOCIETY (unofficial company) and already have ready body type and layout order info.
    I'm familiar with annual reports and have an understanding of what they are. Researched Nick Feltron too, blah blah

So, now I need inspiration for craft/sewing/knitting/baking type designs -magazine/book/poster even websites/logos/packaging....anything to trigger more style ideas to add to my current sketches. I have some great mocks, planning to visit the library for sources, have already googled (hopeless) and visited some sites, but its all so dull!
    I desperately need some fresh &cutting edge design promoting this area opposing to what I have found so far which is just granny/boring/ pretty/unexciting/ordinary and predictive.

Can anyone introduce me to some GOOD inspiration? I desperately need some fresh/clean/cutting edge design promoting this area opposing to what I have found so far which is just granny/boring/ pretty/dull/ordinary and predictive.

Feel like I am struggling slightly and hoping you guys can help me?
  2. tom thurs

tom thurs Member

For this I wouldn't look to closely at other home craft stuff unless you look up a gem.

I'd write down all the things associated with it - needles, scissors, spoons, ovens etc and just doodle/sketch. Don't try and make it fit just try different things text styles as well as drawings. I find I usually do something that I can take and expand it can be even quite abstract.

Also look a other reports for other areas as this might spark something
  3. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Instead of looking for well-designed annual reports (they're few and far apart) you could draw inspiration from infographics.