Inserting Video files

HippySunshine said:
I used a video converter called PRISM to convert my files to .mov and by settings? What do you mean?
What size is a recommended video size for the web like this?

settings - I mean video codec, audio codec, video resolution, how many passes that sort of thing.

I didn't put any settings like that in when I used the Prism video converter...?
Oh god ha im not doing video's again!

How do I find this info out for you?
How can I resize them without reducing quality?
What's the best file size to take them down to?

Im so sorry I know I sound useless but I've never even attempted video files before, its all new to me and you and tbwcw have been a great help :)

HippySunshine said:
I didn't put any settings like that in when I used the Prism video converter...?
thats probably the reason they're rather large :)
Oh god ha im not doing video's again!
once you get used to it it's all fairly simple :)
How do I find this info out for you?
I used media player classic or vlc and then used the media information panel to get info :)

How can I resize them without reducing quality?
- resize the video to the dimensions of the video windows on the webpage. Then it's a play with the codec settings :)

Now to do the conversion get hold of handbrake (link) and then download the relevant gui version and install it.

Once thats done it's a case of doing settings - just got to check them out as I haven't used it for ages (normally do via video editting software)

ok working with handbrake and using the f4v file I was sent earlier I have managed to get a decent video at a size of 10megs working with the resolution of 640x480. Now if you reduce the resolution of the video to the size of the webpage windows it will make the video slightly better quality. The settings I've used are below, if it's not mentioned leave as it is - bold is the tab :)

Initially set the preset to regular - normal

Picture
anamorphic - none
cropping automatic
tick keep aspect ratio
this is where you can adjust the size to fit the website dimensions :)

Video
video codec - H.264 (x264)
framerate (FPS) - same as source
quality target size - 10MB
tick 2 pass encoding and turbo first pass

Audio
source - automatic
audio codec - aac (faac)
mixdown - automatic
samplerate - auto
bitrate - 96
drc - 0

hmm try the other approach I mentioned and see if it still has the issues, it might be down to a lack of ram to convert the file cleanly or maybe even the codec in the original video.

I'm assuming the one that worked was converting from the flash video to quicktime etc.

Levi said:
hmm try the other approach I mentioned and see if it still has the issues, it might be down to a lack of ram to convert the file cleanly or maybe even the codec in the original video.

I'm assuming the one that worked was converting from the flash video to quicktime etc.

Its done a few of the videos, exactly the same settings etc. but just stops half way through sometimes and I have to restart again.
Ive googled it and apparantly there is a bit of a known problem, so just trying one solution I have found.

well atleast we have the video's working on the site, we can always find another program for converting the files etc

lol, if the files aren't too big, upload one of the files so I can get access to it and I'll try encoding it on mine tomorrow and see if I get the same issue :)

Just pm a link if you do

Back