Inktober 2018

Loving these Jim in a kind of "less is more" kind of way.

Hope you're going to keep posting them as you do them?

Great stuff Jim, all credit to you.

Never had a go myself, but I'm going to check out those pens he uses!

Thanks guys. Here's my latest one, had to break away from the skull character for "Precious"

Ink9.jpg

One thing I am finding is that having to do more drawings quickly is making me learn more things quickly. 7 hours spent on a digital painting I deem "good" can offer a few lessons, but having to smash these out is forcing me to think less and just draw... which is making me have to solve problems I wouldn't normally put myself through. How the hell DO you represent rocks with just a few lines? How can I make the line art look like a finished piece where colour would be a mere bonus rather than something I use to fix problems in the sketch? Stuff like that :D

I can really see the benefit of doing Inktober as it forces you to draw and all what you said above.

Sometimes when I get a project that makes me do a lot of actual drawing/sketching I tend to groan a bit but I soon realise what I've been missing.
Mailed the water BTW. :D

@Jimlad Although a little too little time this year, maybe next year. I like the idea of inktober. Thinks for posting the video so I finally know what it is since everybody is posting on inktober everywhere. It's just briljant it became so huge all over the world now!

So yeah as you may have guessed, I couldn't dedicate time to doing the whole challenge. Work and life did what they often do. I did learn a few things though, and got some good practice in with my line work. I think next year instead of doing really quick pictures every day that lack any kind of complexity, maybe I should spend the month working on one large scene that has spots dedicated to each daily prompt... food for thought.

These illustration designs are really nice whatever you shared over here. May be these designs can be use on t-shirts and on the cap or hat. Nice work.

Back