Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Injuries from your stupidity, Any to share?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Jazajay, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Right today I was picking cherry's from my moms cherry tree, got a ladder to get the higher branches, guess most have just gone aww ouch, lol, and my other half took her foot off the ladder. The ladder went one way and well I went the other and I took a branch with me, the branch ended up slicing my leg open by just under a CM in a 4CM long gash.

Went to the hospital and had to have 7 stiches, really gross watching her push my sub fat layer back in while she stiched it up and was dead lucky I'm only off cardio for 2 weeks and not 6 months as it missed my muscle by not very much. :(

Can add a pic if wanted as I had to get a pic of it to my other halfs disgust, lol.

Any way obviously didn't see it happening when I got up this morning yet alone when I was up the ladder, but what stupid things have happened to you?

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

you used a ladder to climb in a tree for cherries. No wonder you got injured, you just don't use ladders when climbing trees :p

3. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

lol, I didn't use it to climb the tree silly, I used it to get the top branches. Well nice red cherries, got a massive load to take home. £20 worth of shop cherries easy. Mmm......:D

You must have done something dumbass though fella? :)

4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

probably others but can't think of anything other than when I was very young playing a game (think it was eye spy or something similar) and the house door was the home. The glass door was made up of paned glass and I kind of ran into it putting my hand and arm straight through a pane, only got a small nick on the arm though. I'm not silly enough to climb a tree using a ladder, I'd just climb the tree branches like I did when I was younger (joy of living near Sandringham and it's woods :))

Partially caused someone else an injury though when playing football during lunch - we both are going for the same ball, running at pretty much full pelt and neither of us decide to stop so we collide. I break role out (did martial arts when younger which can come in handy lol) of the collision meaning no injuries and he breaks his wrist as he goes and crashes to the ground - thing is he never either realsed it was broken till he got home in the afternoon.

5. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

How long have you got? I am a clumsy bastard.

6. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

A long time :p get typing

7. berry

berry Active Member

When i was about 8. I decided to play Journey to the ~Centre of ther Earth, which just involved me digging a hole to the earths core in the back lane. I dragged my dads 85 ton mallet hammer from the workshed to get the job done. I managed just to lift the mallet above my head when it came crashing down onto my head with it's weight. I went to school on monday with 16 stitches and a monks bald patch patch where they had to shave my head.

8. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

haha...hahahahaha.....hahahahaha

*odd looks from round the room*

9. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

And its still like that till this day?

10. berry

berry Active Member

it is now!!!

11. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

It explains an number a things.

12. Greg

Greg Active Member

I've got a few, first was when I was very young, I don't remember it, but did the classic pretend the chair I'm sitting on is a horse, rocking back & forward and the chair tipped over sending me falling onto the marble fireplace! split my skin just above my eye, had to have stitches, and that's why my eyebrow hadn't quite grown all the way back in that place!

Another was when I was about 8/9, trying to stand on a football, I fell off and fractured my collar bone on the grass! and finally, the same collar bone had another fracture when I was wrestling at school when I was 13, and a friend tipped me over onto a pile of bags, must have been something sharp sticking out!

13. Thewholehogg

When I was about 10 I fell out of a tree in Spain and fractured my skull.
    I remember not being able to understand anybody asking me questions as I came round.
    They clamped my head together with metal 'staples'.
    ....which was nice.
    Others include cutting the end of my finger off with a scalpel (my mind drifter for a mo).
    Middle finger left hand holding the ruler...slice Ouch. Hospital re attached it and it's fine now.
    Bust my foot, ripped my leg on a car ariel...blood everywhere.
    Nose been popped a few times...usually involves beer somewhere along the line.

Oh, and I got shot in the TA.

14. davewill

davewill Senior Member

flippin 'eck typo, youve got your fair share of accidents there!

I cant think of any incidents for myself, apart from when me and my brother had a fight, he punched me square on the nose, knocking me over. My nose was fine, but he broke his finger in the process!
    ________
    properties for sale Pattaya

15. Thewholehogg

Accidents make uth the man..never had a stay in hospital mind.

and I will point out that when I said I got shot. An umpire said

....wait for it...

'you've been shot! Lie down!'

...at which point I did. Which was nice because all the running about was tiring me out.
    No blood was spilt on that occasion. Although I did get grass stains on my DPM kit.
    At least I think I did because I couldn't actually see them.

...and yes it's a quiet day here too.

16. berry

berry Active Member

Anyone who hasn't taken the top of their fingers off with a 10a scalpel at least 5 time is a Woofta or doesn't work in Advertising. Best solution when it happens is to wrap the bleeding finger in a wade of masking tape: 1. It's generally to hand, 2. It' shows your'e a real man, 3. It keeps the finger nicely attached to the rest of the hand till your body runs out of blood and the ambulance arrives.

Those were GREAT days!

17. Thewholehogg

I had to pick the bit of finger out of the bin...

...I also stuck a 10a (nice detail there Berry) in my head once whilst cutting frisk film.
    Dont forget the classic dance you do when the scalpel is dropped....and yes it has stuck in my foot.

18. Greg

Greg Active Member

I remember my Uni tutor telling many scalpel based stories, there was me thinking he was exaggerating!

19. berry

berry Active Member

I used to have a scalpel in my hand bollocking people then I would slip the scalpel behind my back, remove the blade then throw it at the offending designer - His face used to be a picture as he pooped his pants thinking he'd been hit.
    Ahhhh those were the Good Old Days !

20. Thewholehogg

CS10, Markers, Cow Gum, PMT Machine, Omicrom, Letraset and delivery men on motorbikes...the good old days....?