InDesign Help

dedwardp

Just having a bit of an issue with InDesign which is driving me mad.

I have an 84 page document with a master page footer on each page. All is showing on screen yet every time I export to PDF the master objects on the left hand side of each spread disappear?

I've tried reapplying the master page to each of those pages to no avail. Need to send it off to the printer tonight and I'm starting to feel a bit helpless, any ideas?

Cheers

If this is too late i'm sorry..

I would make a second master page with the correct footer information for the side of the spreads that doesnt work, then try that.. Failing that as a last resort make the correct image on that side of the spread only on each page.. copy paste in place on each page..

This is assuming that you've made everything in spreads though.

chrismitchell said:
If this is too late i'm sorry..

I would make a second master page with the correct footer information for the side of the spreads that doesnt work, then try that.. Failing that as a last resort make the correct image on that side of the spread only on each page.. copy paste in place on each page..

This is assuming that you've made everything in spreads though.

Can't get anything to show up doing it that way either.

In the end I had to copy the master objects on to each left hand side individually but it's a regular project every fortnight or so, so I'd still like to resolve it if possible.

It's strange as it is the fifth book I have now made using this template and they've never vanished before now!

Thanks though.

without looking at the file I can only surmise that there must be something corrupt on the template.. but without seeing it I couldn't tell you what :)

Glad you got it figured out in the end :)

I had exactly the same problem! I can't imagine what the cause might be but I found a solution by removing the logo (which I had pasted in from Illustrator) and replacing it with a proper link to a file (ensuring of course that the file met print specs). Hope this helps. Let me know if you can shed any light on the cause.

wac said:
I had exactly the same problem! I can't imagine what the cause might be but I found a solution by removing the logo (which I had pasted in from Illustrator) and replacing it with a proper link to a file (ensuring of course that the file met print specs). Hope this helps. Let me know if you can shed any light on the cause.

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately the part that isn't showing is a page number and text as opposed to anything that needs to be linked, like so:

arghri.jpg

:(

Back