InDesign help

James976

Hello,

It's been a while since I have used InDesign and I need to start a big prospectus soon and was wondering how you keep spreads together without using facing pages. I'm pretty sure you used to say how many pages you needed then clicked on the pages window highlight all the pages and right click and there was a option like 'keep spreads together' but I cannot see anything like this any more! I'm using CS5 now, can any one help me? thanks

Hi Craig,

Check the options under the Pages panel menu, usually a little arrow pull-out menu in top corner?
Adobe InDesign CS5 * Control spread pagination

ty_19.png

• To keep a single spread together, select a spread in the Pages panel, and then deselect Allow Selected Spread To Shuffle in the Pages panel menu. You can identify an island spread in the Pages panel by the brackets around its page numbers.
  • To allow the creation of spreads of more than two pages in the entire document and to preserve those spreads when you add, remove, or arrange preceding pages, deselect Allow Document Pages To Shuffle on the Pages panel menu. InDesign will preserve spreads of more than two pages while letting two-page spreads repaginate normally.
HTH :)
Greg

Back