Increase Facebook/Twitter followers??

Stationery Direct

Administrator
Staff member
Any tips/ideas? Do you think a competition would be a good idea? For example, win an iPad and to be in with a chance just follow us on twitter...and facebook for an extra entry into the competition?

What do you think?

followers

yes, I have seen competitions such as add us to facebook or like us and win a product.
Be the 100 person to add us to facebook and win a years supply of t-shirts.

Think it could be a good way of getting followers but it would just depend on whether you'd value those followers at the equivalent of, say, an iPad.

Just my 2ps worth but if i see anything with "win an ipad" i mark it as spam and run like the wind cos there are SO many companies (especially on Twitter) that claim to be able to offer you an ipad, and a LOT are scams.

I do think some sort of competition to rally up newbies would be ace, but why not make a monthly design competition or something like that? Granted, retweeting something is much easier!

Maybe for the re-tweet prize drawer have smaller prizes that can be given away more often - pantone mugs, posters, free copy of OSX Lion etc.

Frequent offers of smaller items is a nice idea - perceived as being more achievable (and is). Don't go for a specific number of followers - something like anyone who followers in the next 24 hours.

With the global economy as it is, new methods of social marketing are becoming well known, with many new businesses and marketing companies embracing it as a way to spread the word in a more reliable, consistent, and cost-effective way.

Do you have a specific budget or something?

Just thought this article might be useful to you:
10 Tips for Small Businesses in 2011 and Beyond (Part 1)

Kind Regards
James

Back