'Incomplete' Lyric Video

M

Matt Harle

Just thought I'd share my latest project with all of you! I was asked to produce this lyric music video for a song that features in Victim, a British Indie film that was recently released on DVD and Sky on Demand. This was my first time working with Kinetic Typography, which is something I've been wanting to experiment with for a while.

Hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NutNzIbrADQ&feature=youtu.be

Hey that's nice, I loved the effects on the words to replicate things like heart beats.

Great sounds love your talks, plenty amazing word you say and use in your video. Feeling amazed!

Cool stuff! Only thing i'd say is the smoothness of some letters suddenly changing direction, if you see what I mean.
I remember the first time I made a kinetic typography video.. so so time consuming, but very rewarding. What software did you use?

Kinetic Typography is a nightmare to animate if you don't do it day in day out. I remember trying it a couple of times, to no avail.

Yeah, Alex is right. Get into the graph editor and smooth those keyframes out. Or, if you're lazy, get yourself the Ease and Whiz script from aescripts.com and let that the work for you.

Alex Gilmore said:
Cool stuff! Only thing i'd say is the smoothness of some letters suddenly changing direction, if you see what I mean.
I remember the first time I made a kinetic typography video.. so so time consuming, but very rewarding. What software did you use?
Thanks! Yeah, some of the smoothness is a bit rough, but not bad for a first try! I used Adobe After Effects.

Back