Inappropriate?

Jurge

I have designed this logo for my website, and at the time it seemed funny to me and I understand that Humour can be a dangerous tool to use in graphic design. Just wondering what your opinion on this is?
design_with_spunk__by_jurgejurge-d3h1v11.jpg

good point, other designers at the moment, I'm still a student so i'm not really looking for clients.

I think some people will chuckle, others will likely be put off, and some people may miss it altogether. I quite like the idea of having the 'sperm' as your logo, so it's abstract but understandable when you read the tag line.

Personally, I dunno, I'd be wary, some people may assume you've not got a professional approach and likely won't want to associate with you, which will result in loss of freelance business.

On the other hand, if you're going to use such a strong tagline, you've got to have the work and the attitude to back it up. Not cocky, but confident and focussed. The tagline to me says "I push boundaries" and your work has to reflect that.

I think this is perhaps an option for branding AFTER you've got an impressive, unique portfolio. If you already have, by all means, go for it.

On a design side I would cut off the tail at the end of the 'r' or maybe taper it off after. The 'ge' bit looks a bit off to me but that might just be me.
I like your choice of font, what is it?

Thanks for the feed back, I think you're right it will only work once I have already proven myself as a professional graphic designer that doesn't conform. also I can see what you mean by the "ge" bit and the font is Opificio.

I think that it's a bit naff, but a niche market may think that it's cool (let's call them teenagers :icon_biggrin:) it's up to you, remember that you can have more than one brand under the same company. Think NewsCorps - own the Sun & the Times - one a down market rag and the other the Sun.

Hmm... Maybe things are different now but when I was a schoolboy the allowance my parents gave me to blow on graphic design services was tiny.

Most designers just write have their names at the top of there websites, and the ones that don't just do some strange composition of their initials. booooooring.

I need a good idea. you're right it is naff I'll come up with something else, and if not my initials mirrored will probably do by the looks of other websites..

also didn't get what you mena by "Hmm... Maybe things are different now but when I was a schoolboy the allowance my parents gave me to blow on graphic design services was tiny." straight over my head like a giraffes fart.

I have designed this logo for my website, and at the time it seemed funny to me and I understand that Humour can be a dangerous tool to use in graphic design. Just wondering what your opinion on this is?
design_with_spunk__by_jurgejurge-d3h1v11.jpg

to be honest with you, i dont like the spunk thing.

I actually like the whole thing and for me changing the word to somehting else like "spark" would be more acceptable to me. i actually like the letter overlaps etc.. gg :icon_lol:

Back