Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm totally shocked about this new look

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by WEBIAN, Oct 7, 2012.

1. WEBIAN

WEBIAN Senior Member

Hi all

I haven't been around for a while and...
    I'm totally shocked about this new look!
    Hmm... I preferred the previous one :(
    Well, I must say that the forum looks very clean now, perhaps cleaner than before, but
    the previous design has more personality. Lets see how I feel about it in a few days...

Speak soon...
    Ian

2. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Hmm I tend to agree.

3. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I'm used to it now.

4. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

I had posted here as well last night but the server fairies must have removed this one too with the maintenance.

I felt like you did too at first, but I got used to it pretty quickly. Why don't you hang around for a while and see how you get on with it, I'm sure you'll adjust! Failing that, if you could let us know what it is exactly that you're not getting on with then we can see about making some changes :)

5. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

It's much nicer with the sans serif font. I've never liked Georgia much, not in large doses anyway.

Greg likes this.
  6. Strange she always said how much she liked you ;)

7. WEBIAN

WEBIAN Senior Member

It’s just about identity. I find it a bit too plain right now (I might be wrong). I remember that -
    as a whole - the previous look had a stronger identity. After I saw it the first time I remembered it.

The new logo is not unforgettable in my opinion. I think that this forum needs - actually deserves -
    a special symbol that people can recognise in every context. Example: logo on a t-shirt, sticker,
    poster, etc…

8. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Ahh I see. I'm inclined to agree with you there, I first thought you were perhaps just not liking the site from a useability point of view.

9. WEBIAN

WEBIAN Senior Member

No, the usability has improved in my opinion, but I was shocked because when I came
    back to the forum after a long time, I thought I was in the wrong place… so I tried with
    design forum . co . uk :) which is a site the I had already accessed by mistake in
    in the past :D so I came here again feeling quite puzzled.

I must say, the guys have done a good job. I’d just think again about the logo. A bit of
    continuity would do the trick probably. For example the quotes occur to me when
    I think about the previous look. I’d add them somehow to the logo, and that’s it I think.
    No need to have them anywhere else around the page.

10. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

The fact that upon reading this I had to scroll up to remind myself what it looked like proves your point.

11. WEBIAN

WEBIAN Senior Member

Hi all

-----------

I think that a good signifier, like a speech mark, wouldn’t make the page
    less clean. In fact sometimes good images or very significant symbols have
    the power of making a layout look cleaner.

Yes I keep scrolling up and down too, every time I refer to it. Also, I feel
    as if the word ‘community’ distracts somehow, because it doesn’t match
    the url.

------------

It’s very clean and well designed, though. What about using it just like a
    lettering? Then it could go somewhere besides the logo.