Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im selling my mac

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by tim, Jun 7, 2009.

1. tim

tim Senior Member

if you've been following my tweets then you'll have seen the annoying convos about this already.

one rather big question.

1. how much should i sell it for? it has these things loaded on (legit):

• Adobe CS3 Premium
    • Adobe CS4 Premium
    • Coda 1.1

Hardware Overview:

it's in mint condition. no scratches, screen has like 2 finger prints on. battery life still 6 hours, still under warranty, 9 months old.

I have no idea how much to sell it for, am only selling it so I can have more money to put towards the MacBook Pro- no faults at all.

Any help?
  2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

why are you not taking the software off and slinging it on the macbook pro? Also is it student or full versions of the software.

As to price - well you can get a new one for about 750 so personally, even though its only 9 months old, I wouldn't pay any more than £350-400 without the software. It has only got the intel gma(950iirc) graphics versus the newer nvidia 9400m and 1GB ram.

But then again maybe I'm just a cheapskate and a mac fanatic might pay more :)
  3. tim

tim Senior Member

Yeah, I see that the new ones out, and that it's only got 1GB of RAM, but I haven't had any problems, and I've had Illustrator, Coda, Safari, Nambu (yes, that can be a hefty app, Onartis, especially when you have hundreds of tweets and links coming in every minute through feeds), etc open at the same time... and 1GB lasted me extremely well.

I have more than 1 licence for the software so I may as well try lift up the amount it's worth with the software.
  4. RossAdams

RossAdams Member

I'd push for £400 - £450, i got the first black MacBook when it came out, which if I'm not mistaken would have been less powerful than yours and i managed to sell it just before Christmas for £500....

I appreciate this was top end (and a little lucky) hence the £400 - £450 price for yours
  5. tim

tim Senior Member

i have a £510 offer at the mo but not sure whether to push higher, that's why i was asking how much i should sell it for...

any other ideas?
  6. RossAdams

RossAdams Member

I'd take the £510 if it's on the table
  7. tim

tim Senior Member

me too.
  8. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Id take anything £400 and above 500 is a good deal
  9. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

400 minimum
  10. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

You've got more than one licence but you must be the primary user of both. If you sell on the software then I assume that he must now be the primary user of both.

Basically, it's not legit.
  11. tim

tim Senior Member

Oh, that's news. Guess I'll have to take the software off then. :\