Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not being funny but...

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Greg, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

The fact of the matter is lessons will be learned by the end of play today, basically I'm not being funny but... let's face it, we're not singing from the same hymn sheet.

BBC NEWS | Magazine | 20 of your most hated cliches

Does anyone else find the 20 cliches they mention incredibly annoying and remember a previous boss/colleague using them? Or are you guilty of a few yourself? I can think of a few times that I might have used a few! :rolleyes:

2. Gaz

Gaz Member

Funny as I always notice some of them when they are said., but sometimes they slip out. lol Some of them are not so bad. "At the end of the day" i don't like. lol

3. Purplegurl

Purplegurl Senior Member

I fear i'm guilty of using most of those .... note to self..... I must broaden my vocabulary .... oh and learn to spell :/

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

I've noticed some of these phrases come and go in trends, one that I seem to have heard a lot recently is 'literally'. I wonder if there's enough common cliches within design briefs to start a new thread of cliche design brief phrases?! lol

5. Gaz

Gaz Member

At the end of the day mate, it's basically the trends. I mean it literally is to be honest. lol

6. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

most overused by our boss - "does what it says on the tin"

7. Purplegurl

Purplegurl Senior Member

If you hate cliche's you'll hate this site ... good fun tho Cliche Finder

8. berry

berry Active Member

basically to be fair if this thread has any chance of going forward it's important that we all touch base and see what other cliches are in the pipeline by the end of play today. I'm not being funny but, I can't get my head around anyone not giving 150% to cliche development. Don't just talk the talk, you got to walk the talk Lessons will be learned" if we can't come up with some better cliches to rollout. If we all sing from the same hymn sheet- things can only get better