Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm New : D

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Mosskat, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Mosskat

Mosskat Member

Hello everyone!
    Pleasure to meet you all. My name is Kathryn and I recently moved to the UK in hopes of finding graphic work to save up for my next degree. Rather hard to find apparently, so I'm going into freelancing again (I was doing it for a while back home in Jamaica).

Now I'm finding out that I really do enjoy the flexibility it brings and wish to continue if I can :).

I found this site through LinkedIn (Greg posted a link) and since its based in the UK I hurried to sign up. I'd love to hear advice, stories etc of other folks who have freelanced/worked full time so I can grow as an individual out here - it would be lovely to make some friends too (so lonely not having anyone to talk art with). Of course I'm very willing to give any advice I may have as well!

I am mainly an illustrator but I have experience in graphic design and motion graphics as I worked at a television station for about a year and a half.

If anyone would like to see my website (it'll be rehauled in February) please have a look at
  2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hey Kathryn,

Welcome to Design Forums! Thanks for joining us, and good to hear you're enjoying your work flexibility as a freelancer, I can relate to that! :)

I'm sure you'll find the forums really useful as we have quite a blend of members from Junior Designers just starting out in their careers, to Freelancers, and right up to Creative Directors, covering nearly all areas and disciplines.

I look forward to hearing more from you.
    Thanks, Greg
  3. tim

tim Senior Member

Welcome to the forums :D
  4. Mosskat

Mosskat Member

Thank you Greg! :) I hope to really become part of this community. I'm currently pimping here on my deviantart site.
  5. Mookomatic

Mookomatic Junior Member

Hey Mosskat - good luck with your design adventure in the UK. Great to meet you!
  6. Mosskat

Mosskat Member

Thank you Mook!
  7. Greg

Greg Active Member

Thanks Kathryn, any link backs to DF are a big help! :)
  8. mrleesimpson

mrleesimpson Guest

Welcome to the forum and props on the work, reminds me a little of Jamie Hewlett's work.
  9. Mosskat

Mosskat Member

Well that's a big compliment! Thanks :D!!!
  10. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

Welcome to the forum Kathryn!