Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm listening to...

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Greg, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

A classic off-topic thread, what are you listening to right now?
    I'm listening to... the new track from Kanye West and wondering if I can get my hands on some tickets to see him at the o2 next month!

2. red tiger

red tiger Member

My collegues (Mike in particular) will no doubt moan about my bizarre tastes in music (I prefer the word 'unique' and 'fresh').

This week, I have mostly been listening to... Tricky, Unkle, Lykke Li and some Faithless. :D

3. Greg

Greg Active Member

Haha, I like and have listened to Faithless... the others :confused:

4. Mike

Mike Senior Member

The others are the Teletubbie reserve 11

5. mrleesimpson

mrleesimpson Guest

Nice Choice.

I've been hearing:

Kano - '140 Grime Street' & 'Home Sweet Home'
    Johnny Cash - 'Essential Johnny Cash'
    SpankRock - 'Fabriclive 33'
    DangerMouse & Gemini - 'Ghetto Pop Life'

....and the Russell Brand podcast.

6. Greg

Greg Active Member

Me too! Looks like we have some Gervais podcast and Russel Brand podcast fans then! I've got a link (on home PC) that I'll try and remember to post tomorrow that has a huge back catalogue of the Brand podcasts to listen to online :cool:

7. sabian1982

sabian1982 Member

Powerman 5000 - Free (playing from 'The EDGE Rocks!!!' through Winamp)

8. mrleesimpson

mrleesimpson Guest

The John Richards podcast ain't half bad either and the FreelanceSwitch podcast is awesome.

9. red tiger

red tiger Member

No taste mate, no taste. I'm going to make you ten CD's and call the series 'Educating Mikey'. How'd you like that, huh?

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

I'm listening to the Ricky Gervais podcasts (again!) :D
    I just don't get bored of the shrieking laugh of Gervais, the 'stupidity' of Pilkington and the comedy of Merchant!!

11. mrleesimpson

mrleesimpson Guest

I know this won't be too everyones taste, although Red you might be into it, but World's End Girlfriend is bloody amazing.

It's Japanese electronic punk. Perfect working music.

12. Greg

Greg Active Member

Today I've gone with some Groove Salad on SomaFM, found via the staff favourites for Octobe on iTunes radio, pretty cool, chilled/ambient tunes, nice to leave on and work to :)

13. mrleesimpson

mrleesimpson Guest

Today I've been keeping it strictly UK hip-hop. Some Task Force, some Jehst, a little bit of Kano and then finished it off with some Lethal Bizzle.

14. Greg

Greg Active Member

Nice :) do you listen to a lot of UK hip-hop then?
    I went to see Roots Manuva a couple of years back at Norwich Uni, was pretty cool!

15. Karielle

Karielle Junior Member

I Said I Love You-Baby Face :)

16. red tiger

red tiger Member

Looked them up on YouTube and seem quite good - just need to hunt a few of their songs down on iTunes or something now ;)

17. mrleesimpson

mrleesimpson Guest

I do yer. That and a little underground stuff from the US.

I will litrally listen to anything though. I've got a crazy french electronic album knocking about somewhere thats just diferent noises played over each other.

18. Tommy

Tommy Junior Member

I have to say that as I am a typical Essex Boy I have been listening to some Old Skool Garage which one of my mates mixed and not the commercial crap which you can buy from iTunes.

t just takes me back and puts a big smile on my face and that buzz I use to get when out clubbing listening to this music.

19. Karielle

Karielle Junior Member

My genre is rnb. So i am not surprise if i am listening to an rnb song right now:p

20. Greg

Greg Active Member

What's 'mb' Karielle?