• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

I'm listening to...

Greg

A classic off-topic thread, what are you listening to right now?
I'm listening to... the new track from Kanye West and wondering if I can get my hands on some tickets to see him at the o2 next month!

My collegues (Mike in particular) will no doubt moan about my bizarre tastes in music (I prefer the word 'unique' and 'fresh').

This week, I have mostly been listening to... Tricky, Unkle, Lykke Li and some Faithless. :D

M

mrleesimpson

red tiger said:
This week, I have mostly been listening to... Unkle
Nice Choice.

I've been hearing:

Kano - '140 Grime Street' & 'Home Sweet Home'
Johnny Cash - 'Essential Johnny Cash'
SpankRock - 'Fabriclive 33'
DangerMouse & Gemini - 'Ghetto Pop Life'

....and the Russell Brand podcast.

Greg

mrleesimpson said:
....and the Russell Brand podcast.
Me too! Looks like we have some Gervais podcast and Russel Brand podcast fans then! I've got a link (on home PC) that I'll try and remember to post tomorrow that has a huge back catalogue of the Brand podcasts to listen to online :cool:

M

mrleesimpson

Greg said:
Me too! Looks like we have some Gervais podcast and Russel Brand podcast fans then! I've got a link (on home PC) that I'll try and remember to post tomorrow that has a huge back catalogue of the Brand podcasts to listen to online :cool:
The John Richards podcast ain't half bad either and the FreelanceSwitch podcast is awesome.

Greg

I'm listening to the Ricky Gervais podcasts (again!) :D
I just don't get bored of the shrieking laugh of Gervais, the 'stupidity' of Pilkington and the comedy of Merchant!!

M

mrleesimpson

I know this won't be too everyones taste, although Red you might be into it, but World's End Girlfriend is bloody amazing.

It's Japanese electronic punk. Perfect working music.

Greg

Today I've gone with some Groove Salad on SomaFM, found via the staff favourites for Octobe on iTunes radio, pretty cool, chilled/ambient tunes, nice to leave on and work to :)

M

mrleesimpson

Today I've been keeping it strictly UK hip-hop. Some Task Force, some Jehst, a little bit of Kano and then finished it off with some Lethal Bizzle.

Greg

Nice :) do you listen to a lot of UK hip-hop then?
I went to see Roots Manuva a couple of years back at Norwich Uni, was pretty cool!

mrleesimpson said:
I know this won't be too everyones taste, although Red you might be into it, but World's End Girlfriend is bloody amazing.
Looked them up on YouTube and seem quite good - just need to hunt a few of their songs down on iTunes or something now ;)

M

mrleesimpson

Greg said:
Nice :) do you listen to a lot of UK hip-hop then?
I do yer. That and a little underground stuff from the US.

I will litrally listen to anything though. I've got a crazy french electronic album knocking about somewhere thats just diferent noises played over each other.

Tommy

I have to say that as I am a typical Essex Boy I have been listening to some Old Skool Garage which one of my mates mixed and not the commercial crap which you can buy from iTunes.

t just takes me back and puts a big smile on my face and that buzz I use to get when out clubbing listening to this music.