• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

im home

tim

yay! (right?)

ill be putting all the pictures up again later on, but if you guys wanna see them now or whatever just add me on facebook, they're all on there.

jus to ask, do any of you guys know how to cmd+backspace jetlag? my family are trying to piss me off with it; i fell asleep in my bed at 12 noon, they changed my clock to san francisco time, i woke up, it was before the time that i went to sleep, i freaked out, thought it was sunday, thought i was late for work already, then got a call from work asking me why i wasnt in today and i was like "what day is it?".

it's annoying, goddammit!

oh and my trip failed, the reason i went got stopped because we lost a copy of my passport/key docs so they refused to help me out!

going back soon though.

in regards to the goodies (typo, tom stutt, mr p, whoever else it was), i have "mis-placed" your items, but ill find them soon enough and get them posted over :)

Levi

Staff member
NNNNNNNNNooooooooooooooooooo, the peace has vanished :p

jetlag - copied from another forum
How to Naturally Reset Your Sleep Cycle In One Night

25 comments

Posted July 31, 2009 - 09:00 by Will Chen

Filed Under: Health and Beauty

Photo: Aaron Jacobs

Not eating for 12-16 hours can help people quickly reset their sleep-wake cycle, according to a study from the Harvard Medical School. This discovery can drastically improve a person's ability to cope with jet lag or adjust to working late shifts.

Scientists have long known that our circadian rhythm is regulated by our exposure to light. Now they have found a second "food clock" that takes over when we are hungry. This mechanism probably evolved to make sure starving mammals don't go to sleep when they should be foraging for food.

The lead researcher Clifford Saper explains:

The neat thing about this second clock is that it can override the main clock ... and you should just flip into that new time zone in one day.

It usually takes people a week to fully adjust to a new time zone or sleeping schedule. To think that this new "food clock" hack can help you change your internal clock in one day is mind boggling.
How Do You Use This Trick?

Simply stop eating during the 12-16 hour period before you want to be awake. Once you start eating again, your internal clock will be reset as though it is the start of a new day. Your body will consider the time you break your fast as your new "morning."

For example, if you want to start waking up at 2:00 am, you should start fasting between 10:00 am or 2:00 pm the previous day, and don't break your fast until you wake up at 2:00 am. Make sure you eat a nice healthy meal to jumpstart your system.

Another example: If you are travelling from Los Angeles to Tokyo, figure out when breakfast is served in Tokyo, and don't eat for the 12-16 hours before Tokyo's breakfast time. Video with additional info: http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-natu...ycle-overnight

Interesting stuff this as I quite often pull an all nighter only to wish I had not due to the feeling of wanting to sleep during the day

What do you mean...you misplaced my M9 9mm pistol?
Didn't you get to Wallmarts in the end?

Welcome back, Levi has missed you...

...no really.

tim

Typo said:

...no really.

nah he didnt. ;)

and i didnt get to walmart, i was proper annoyed. i wanted to get an incipio case for my iphone as well but i couldnt bloody find out.

Levi

Staff member
Typo said:

...no really.
I was dreaming of him every night he was gone ;)

glenwheeler said:
no really....or was that meant to be "not really..." ?
sarcasm glen, sarcasm :up:
tim said:
nah he didnt. ;)

and i didnt get to walmart, i was proper annoyed. i wanted to get an incipio case for my iphone as well but i couldnt bloody find out.
It just isn't the same without you tim, I miss our weekly disagreements :clap:

C

chrismitchell

I think the only way to settle it would be on a deathmatch on Dance Dance Revolution :p :lol:

I'll hold yer coat.

Damn PC lover....what's wrong with him anyways?

....apart from the Norfolk thing.

...and just what are those chocolatey things in his avatar?
They just don't look natural to me bud.
Well somebody had to ask. They look a bit girlie like.

tim

lmfao they're some chinese import chocolate stick thingies.

there's a bisexual chinese guy at work who literally eats nothing but!

and i think he has too much spare time :p

Levi

Staff member
tim said:
i would kick his mofo-in ass.

drink off.
You'd collapse before me on that one as I don't drink alcohol :p

Typo said:
I'll hold yer coat.

Damn PC lover....what's wrong with him anyways?

....apart from the Norfolk thing.

...and just what are those chocolatey things in his avatar?
They just don't look natural to me bud.
Well somebody had to ask. They look a bit girlie like.
They're called pocky (surprisingly :p) or mikado or if you buy the french licenced version in the uk, basically it's a chocolate coated stick pretzel.
Don't go knocking Norfolk, it's a lovely dull crappy place to live, although it is nice and peaceful to work in :)
As to pc loving, well the halo hasn't hit me yet :p

tim said:
and i think he has too much spare time :p
who me or the bisexual chinese bloke, if it's me I sit around twiddling my thumbs while I wait for cad renders :cool: