I'm happy with the design but...

mrp2049

I am not at all sure about the text.

I've been playing with this lazily all night and I can't see the forest for the trees right now.

Suggestions on a font please gents!

blankshirt_04.jpg

finalartcopy.jpg

why do jpegs change colour?

how about making the font a more destroyed looking font and making the font come off the bottom of each box, so that the black is seeping off the bottom sort of thing?

I agree with Chris make the font more cracked, distressed and random...end of the world is coming and the like.

Oh the doom and gloom...think how would Mo do it....and do the reverse.

In an effort to make the text a part of the design instead of just an element, you could try to use a distressed font (as per the other suggestions), and make the cap height the same as the coloured boxes so the letter shapes make up the box.
Does that make sense?

Is there a brief or anything for this design? What are you going for? Might be easier to help with a little background.

Or you could use a really thin font (like Helv Nue Thin) which would really offset it. But that would make it a bit more difficult to read, but you could make one of the words in Helv Nue Normal or Bold to make it stand out :)

Thanks Dave! That would explain a lot!

Typo, I like getting hands on with text, just didnlt think it would fit with this, being such a graphic piece.

Ken and chris, I don't know why I didn't just distress it last night?! I guess I was just tired!

ken, no there isn't really a brief, unless you count 'mike, make us a shirt design, but don't make it too manly or girly. 2 colours yeah?"

I was trying to make some reference to how rumours/stories are created and procreated, person, written, film, tv. With their name being a reference to an alien movie.

Chris, liking the helvetica thinline idea. Not sure if I have it, but I've defo got some super light fonts!

Food for thought! Thanks gents!

If you don't have Helv Thin let me know and I might be able to sling it your way :) I have the font :)

chrismitchell said:
If you don't have Helv Thin let me know and I might be able to sling it your way :) I have the font :)

ummm tut tut miss chrismitchell

I like the helv idea, I was thinking american typewriter, but prefer your idea I reckon, good here innit :D

LOL @ Tom, doesn't the "Tutting" usually come from the mother Tom :p that would make you mum :p :lol:

chrismitchell said:
LOL @ Tom, doesn't the "Tutting" usually come from the mother Tom :p that would make you mum :p :lol:

haha well, if I tutted my Mum (not a euphemism), I'd know not to answer back in the first place so I assumed you were playing Mum, :clap: shall we stop this now, sorry Mr P

Back