Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm first choice for official StartUP Manchester photographer

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Paul Murray, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

... despite not being a photographer, owning a camera or knowing much about professional photography. I've agreed to do it on one small condition though...

Attached Files:

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Good man, I actually e-mailed them telling them that we had loads of UK based designers crying out for work and maybe pointing start-ups to the Tenders & Services section of our Forum would be a good idea, instead of Welcome | DBA - design business association which is a database of large design agencies who probably charge a fortune!!

The jist of the e-mail back was they weren't going to...

3. Ian Bonner

Ian Bonner Member

Well done Paul. :icon_notworthy:

4. YellowPeril

YellowPeril Member

Good man!:icon_clapping:

5. Paul Murray

Still waiting for them to get back to me. I wonder how many other people they've asked? Maybe they'll want us all to take pictures then they'll use the best?

6. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

That's an excellent response Paul. Fantastic.

7. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Good response Paul - and I bet you're right about using lots of people!!

8. Stationery Direct

I expect it wasn't a paying job?

9. Paul Murray

Probably not. It would be a great chance to increase my portfolio though, and how knows, maybe it would lead to some paying work in future :p

It's ironic how they're hosting StartUp Manchester in less than 2 weeks after several businesses were destroyed in the riots days ago. Talk about salt in the wounds.

10. Stationery Direct

Ha Ha, makes you laugh though, they are supposed to be helping start-ups and yet it seems they expect a small new-ish business like yourself to work for free, can see why they decided to promote 99 designs now!

11. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

I think the best part is that you're not even a photographer!

12. Paul Murray

Yeah, but I could buy a camera and call myself one. Nobody would know the difference :p