• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

I'm first choice for official StartUP Manchester photographer

Stationery Direct

Administrator
Staff member
Good man, I actually e-mailed them telling them that we had loads of UK based designers crying out for work and maybe pointing start-ups to the Tenders & Services section of our Forum would be a good idea, instead of Welcome | DBA - design business association which is a database of large design agencies who probably charge a fortune!!

The jist of the e-mail back was they weren't going to...

Paul Murray

Staff member
Still waiting for them to get back to me. I wonder how many other people they've asked? Maybe they'll want us all to take pictures then they'll use the best?

Paul Murray

Staff member
Probably not. It would be a great chance to increase my portfolio though, and how knows, maybe it would lead to some paying work in future :p

It's ironic how they're hosting StartUp Manchester in less than 2 weeks after several businesses were destroyed in the riots days ago. Talk about salt in the wounds.

Stationery Direct

Administrator
Staff member
Probably not. It would be a great chance to increase my portfolio though, and how knows, maybe it would lead to some paying work in future :p
Ha Ha, makes you laugh though, they are supposed to be helping start-ups and yet it seems they expect a small new-ish business like yourself to work for free, can see why they decided to promote 99 designs now!