Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm buying an Apple Computer

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by iEthan, Feb 22, 2009.

1. iEthan

iEthan Member

I heard from my dad that I'm allowed to buy myself an Apple computer. I'm thinking of a Mac Mini or MacBook. I need something cheap and portable. What would be the right choice for me?

And also, I need to be able to use my Dell Inspiron as a screen (if I get a Mac Mini). Would this be possible?

~iE

2. I would recommend a MacBook then purchase the cable converter to allow the Macbook to use the extra screen.. I used to do that :) was great to work on :D

3. tim

tim Senior Member

I bought myself a macbook 4 months ago, never looked back. My friend has 3 (stupid person) mac minis, and says they're all brilliant, but I never hear as much hype from him as from his mac.

4. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Buy a MacBook Pro because the colors on the regular MB are terrible, maybe they changed it by now though.

5. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Nope, get a standard Macbook Alu, not white. The new "Green" Macbooks are same spec as old Macbook Pros but in a 13"! They are sick little machines, screen is very nice. I have a Mac Pro & Macbook White and only thing i am not sure about new Macbooks is the trackpad button all in one.