• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Illy Basic Question

Totally stuck here.

In photoshop I know how to increase/decrease the size of the canvas. How do I do that in Iluuy. Cant find it anywhere and its prob right infront of my nose...but its driving me crazy!

Help muchly appreciated!!

Eva x

Paul Murray

Staff member
Click off the canvas (onto the grey bit around the working area) and you should see a 'Document Setup' button at the top. Click that, then 'Edit Artboards' and increase the size of your canvas in there.

Amazing! Thank you! That was pickling my brains!

So another question lol...what size would you advise to send a logo in?
And another...In CS3 can you have multiple artboards in the one window?

Cheers Paul!

Paul Murray

Staff member
I can't remember about CS3, but when you're in the edit artboards option, if you can click and drag a new window then yes you can :)

I normally display logos just under 600px in width since that's the size I use for my blog posts. I've found t's a decent enough size to see what's going on. Just see what size looks good on screen and send that.

Arg...this is so annoying. I've finished the Logo...and am now trying to save in a few different formats. I did as you said in document settings and its made the Artboard bigger. But I still have a green square guide in the middle. So when I go to save for web etc it only shows me the bit that is inside the green lines? Same if I go to print it?

I totally understand if that makes no sense...Because it makes no snse to me!

Cheers again!

Ohhhhh! I could Kiss you!

Thanks god for that! I was at boiling point there! Yay!

Im copying everything into photoshop to save as a gif or jpeg as illy is making it really fussy if I do it in there? Is this okay? xx

Paul Murray

Staff member
Should be fine if they're smart objects, they'll just be direct links to the vector files. Just check the final jpg for clarity and sharpness when you're done.

Ohhhhh! I could Kiss you!

Thanks god for that! I was at boiling point there! Yay!

Im copying everything into photoshop to save as a gif or jpeg as illy is making it really fussy if I do it in there? Is this okay? xx
Quick question: why are you using Photoshop to export as jpeg (etc.) when you can do it from Illy "save for web and devices" ?

I know I shouldn't...but when I tried to do it through Illy everything went all pixelated and furry. It was set at high quality too! So because I was in a rush I just used photoshop because it was easiest at the time. I am still working out why Illy is making everything fuzzy...confused.com! Its probably something really stupid on my part..it'll come to me lol!