Illustrator error on Mac

asimalways

Hello,

I have a problem in the illustrator for mac. While I draw a triangle, the bounding box becomes tilted every time I do so. The image with the sample I have attached here with. If somebody knows the problem please let me know about solving this issue.. Thanks.Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 1.14.21 PM.png

Hmmm? I've tried to recreate that in Ai and it's not something I can seem to do.

Is it just with triangles?

I wondered if there might be a function to apply a transform to new objects but I can't seem to find one.
Sometimes there may be a bit of a glitch and deleting your preferences folder can fix them.

Hmmm? I've tried to recreate that in Ai and it's not something I can seem to do.

Is it just with triangles?

I wondered if there might be a function to apply a transform to new objects but I can't seem to find one.
Sometimes there may be a bit of a glitch and deleting your preferences folder can fix them.

Thanks scotty,

Yes this issue is only with the triangular shape. I've created another shapes which has normal bounding box, just the triangle has a tilted bounding box.
And about deleting the preferences folder, where should I find it in mac? Do u think this would solve the problem? or wouldn't this create any mess with the other illustrator settings..??

or wouldn't this create any mess with the other illustrator settings..??

I've had to do it before when unexplained things have happened and I too was a little reluctant to start deleting files but the preferences file stores your custom settings (as I understand it) and these are reset to factory once deleted.
I found things like "scale strokes" was reset and things like that which can be a bit of a drag to put back to how you like them as you need to remember where they are.
Just do a search for "Delete, Illustrator, Preferences file" and you should get all the info.

Do u think this would solve the problem?

Not sure as I can't really work out why it's doing it and my first thought was the transform window but I can't see anything like it in there.

You don't have the 3rd party plugin "Inkscribe" do you?
This give you the ability to constrain angles as shown here:

Back