Illustrator EPS files are fat.

Send us the file instead so we can take a look instead of relaying things back and fourth?

As for sharing files, I use Drop Box which is quite good, it integrates into Windows as a regular directory and is shared with others through the internet. You have a 2GB limit which you can increase to 2.5GB by registering your email or something silly, and it increases further if you complete the tutorials and a couple of other things. Pretty good, oh and it's free.

No Jim I know - my comment about wetransfer.com was in reply to Levi - wasn't supposed to be a suggestion for you.

I'd be curious to see the file too - see what might be bulking it up.

I think I've solved it. I created a new file with no EPS's referenced within it, just the original vectors and a 5.8MB AI file still produced a 26.8MB EPS. However there is a Tiff file imbedded and the original is 23MB. I think that might be causing the issues to an extent. Bloody schoolboy error, should've used a compressed version!

Thanks Tim, but unfortunately I don't have hosting. I use carbonmade these days, much less hassle.

Back