Illustrator CS6 - how to reset the drawing tools to their default settings

GeorgeB

Hi

I have a couple of questions I would be grateful for help with. Both relate to Illustrator CS6 running on Windows 7.

Firstly is it possible to reset the drawing tools back to their default settings without resetting preferences. I'm referring to the Rounded Corner Rectangle and Polygon Tools which can be changed while holding down the keyboard arrow keys. It's a bit of a nuisance having to try to remember their original setting when drawing another shape with these tools.

Secondly, I am using the Direct Selection Tool to slant the top left and top right corners of a rectangle. Is it possible to do this for the opposite sides simuntaneously?

Any help, much appreciated.

Thanks

George

I don't think there is a way other than resetting the preferences.

If you want to slant the object use the Shear tool it's under the Scale tool - click and hold on the tool to reveal other options.

Thanks for that. I must say it does strike me as odd that there is no shortcut to resetting these tools other than Preferences but having googled this to a standstill, that seems to be the situation.

Thanks also for the slant tip. I also found another way of doing this as follows:

1. Select the segment witht he Direct Selection Tool
2. From the Menu Bar, choose Object>Transform>Scale
3. In the Unform Field, input a positive or negatavice value
4. Click OK

Thanks again

George

There's a few different ways to do almost everything.

The best tip is to find the way that's most practical for you or the moment you're in.

The more you know.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

Back