illustrator CS4 issue

Hi guys

I am having some issue with Illustrator. Recently upgraded to CS4. The problem is, when open CS3 or earlier version, file says links are missing.. but all the links are embedded in the file using CS3.. also when I open the same file in PS it opens fine, mean shows all links, same when importing in ID, any idea what's happening?:icon_dunno:

Thanks

Same thing happened to me, i think its a bug, but i noticed this problem is random (its not doing it with all my old files).

One time i tried to create an empty file with photoshop and name it like the files i've embed in AI...illustrator thinks he found everything he needs and when i opened it...was all fine.

I hope this trick is working for you too :)

Alessandro.

Hi guys

I am having some issue with Illustrator. Recently upgraded to CS4. The problem is, when open CS3 or earlier version, file says links are missing.. but all the links are embedded in the file using CS3.. also when I open the same file in PS it opens fine, mean shows all links, same when importing in ID, any idea what's happening?:icon_dunno:

Thanks

Are you trying to un-install Illustrator CS3 to install CS4..? If you are then you need to go into the Registry and clean ALL Illustrator files. Once you have done that reboot and then re-install CS4.

I may have read the question wrong though.

Last edited:
Back