Illustrator being wierd.

bentzak

Two things,

1, i have and has always had on my illustrator artboard, a green artbox, just an outline, with little grey target lines at the corners that i thought was my artboard cos it is set to the dimensions i put in. until now i have never thought about it, but for this project i want it out the way, but i cant seem to hide it. after looking on the web for the answer i discovered no one else has this box?? my artboard(the black usual box) doesnt adjust either, it is always something like 14400px X 14400px ???? any one know what this is? or how to sort it??

2, My selection tool has started playing up?!? it used to be able to transform objects, but now it only selects and moves stuff?? uber frustrating! anyone know what this is or how it might of occurred??

Cheers, Z

had a development, not sure why but the selection issue seems to be just in this file? luckily hadnt got far, so starting again.

I've seen that before but can't remember how to hide it sorry, I'll have a dig around and see if I can remember :confused:

As for your second problem (just incase you get it again). It sounds like the bounding box. Just go to View > Show Bounding Box

I was just looking at that too i'm pretty sure its Bounding box too :)

The green box appears when you open a new document specifically as a web document in the document profile selection.

If you don't want it, open the new file as a print document instead.

Tom

Yeah it was the bounding box, i think it was a bug or something, cos it only did it on the one file?? even if i quit and reopen? but its no biggy, i hadn't got overly far.

as for the 1st thing? the green box?? i did play about in preferences, but i think thats what may have given me the bounding box problem?

Tom Sound said:
The green box appears when you open a new document specifically as a web document in the document profile selection.

If you don't want it, open the new file as a print document instead.

Tom

Yeah CS3 does that but CS4 doesn't (or at least not for me). :)

I guess CS4 does do that then! I stand corrected :lol:

Strange, if I set up and web doc. it uses a normal artboard.

Anon. said:

On mine its the other way round? but it does look like a bleed and crop box so wouldn't that be more useful for print?? im using cs3

Anon. said:

Just had another look (CS3), it seems its a crop area, thus the crop marks. If you've got a 'web' document open you can object>crop area>release then delete it.

Likewise if you set a crop area you get the green box with the crop marks. I can only assume it's because for web graphics you don't need bleed as a print document, so this is a visual aid so you can see what is on the outside of your artwork crop area. Unlike artwork for print where bleed is required. maybe.....

Shame you just cant hide it, but if you have a print doc open and dont select anything it sets it to the artboard automatically so i guess you could hide/show(make/release) it like that.

Z

bentzak said:
Shame you just cant hide it, but if you have a print doc open and dont select anything it sets it to the artboard automatically so i guess you could hide/show(make/release) it like that.

Z

You can delete it though. Just delete it and set some guides up on another layer, then you can hide/show at your leisure :up:

Back