Illustration opinions

davewill

Hi guys, Ive just finished working on some illustrations for a local company, I wanted to test it out on you guys though to make sure the characters look like who they are meant to look like, so thats all im saying!

All feedback, critique and opinions are welcome, as always.

Attachments

• CHARACTERS.jpg
    CHARACTERS.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 25
It's Oasis isn't it? Haha aye it looks like who it's meant to look like mate. Might want to work on the line weights a bit tho. What are they going to be used for?

Chris Lord said:

hmm, back to the drawing board for me then! ive drawn and redrawn them so many times Im finding it hard to be subjective so I just need fresh eyes to cast their opinions!

Any tips Jimlad? You do this kinda stuff all the time, my main job is graphic design so i only do illustration on the side.

Jimlad said:
You should outsource it to me mate. :p I'll give ya a fair price.

haha, u can have 50% of what im making on it. Sadly doing it for free as a favour for a friend.

Ah when you put it like that...

I'd strengthen some of the weaker lines on the chins and slim some of the thick lines on the shoulders. That's mainly number 3. I'd also raise their eyelids a fraction on some of them so they don't all look so wasted. Maybe make them more even with number 2.

Aside from those two nitpicks they look good mate.

thanks jim, out of the 4 of them it was the 3rd one I just couldnt get right, ill make the tweaks you have suggested, cheers bud

No problem. That'll be 20% of your commission please. Which is nil, which makes us square. Thanks.

thanks typo, I was wary that there are so many existing illustrations out there so I tried to ensure I did it in my own way, in my usual style but with the guys being so instantly recognisable it proved difficult to produce something that didnt look like any previous efforts.
By the time you add the iconic hair, droopy eye lids, big nose for ringo, polo necks and suits, the end result almost determined itself!

I are the Eggmen. Hmm, might use that for an avatar... hey should we have a new theme soon?

just to make you feel better. i knew it was the beatles straight away! (partly because i have an obsession with them) and i really like it!
Impoving suggestions, i'd maybe draw more of there suits to help distinguish the famous well known image of them more x

Back