Illustration Library

davidjp

Hi Folks,

I need to do a layout for an infographic, but I'm not an illustrator so will need to source the illustrations. Can anyone recommend a source, like the iStock or Noun Project of the illustration world.

I'm particularly interested in this type of work.... The loudhailer I've seen used in several places so I think it must be taken from a library of some kind. http://i.imgur.com/vo8KqT7.jpg

I've tried istock, shutterstock, envato etc.... but the design styles vary wildly depending on who made them, whereas I need continuity + a diverse range of subjects.

Thanks in advance folks.

D

Hmmm?

I think you'll struggle using stock in exactly the way you've described.

The best place I can think of for that style of graphics with LOADS of content is flaticon.
Best thing is that 1. they're free and 2. it give you 'similar styles' when you select a pack.

You can download them as vectors so you could adjust colours and the like in something like Illustrator.

Other than that I think it's a case of getting someone to make them from scratch.

The best place I can think of for that style of graphics with LOADS of content is flaticon.
Best thing is that 1. they're free and 2. it give you 'similar styles' when you select a pack

You actually need to credit the authors, unless you pay for a license subscription. It's all a bit iffy though, especially when you never really know if the author is the true creator or just someone who uploaded the files.

There's also flat-icons.com. If you download their icons via flaticon.com, you need to give credit, but the flat-icons.com license says you don't need to. Iffy.

Back