Illustrated Song Titles

Owenjones

Hi again. I participate in something called Illustrated Song Titles (see address in my signature).

Please have a look at it and see what you think. We're always interested in hearing people's thoughts and comments, and open to new joinees! It's all just for fun, and is a good way of keeping your eye in creatively if work gets routine and mundane!

O

Hi Owen,

I somehow managed to miss this thread, sorry about that! I think the concept behind Illustrated Song Titles is excellent, reminds me of 'illustration Friday'. So do you have set dates within the month for sending in/posting up your efforts?

The standard of work on there is also excellent, do you have many people participating at the moment?

Hi Greg, no worries! I'd become slightly concerned that your poor fingers might have finally given up after the amount of typing you do on this site! But wasn't offended though...!

Reeko and myself started it in March (I think!) and have since recruited Gallusness after he saw a link to it through the Serif shoutbox.

The design of the page isn't as dynamic as I'd like but Reeko put that together in Blogspot so it's constrained by their limitations, but the idea and the work is what we're all about! And yeah, Reeko takes (or at least used to take) part in Illustration Friday and he likened it to that too.

We post a new song title on the first day of the month, and have until the last day of that month to submit.

Any new participators would be more than welcome. The song this month is Killer Queen (by Queen, of course).

Owenjones said:
Hi Greg, no worries! I'd become slightly concerned that your poor fingers might have finally given up after the amount of typing you do on this site! But wasn't offended though...!

They seemed to slow a little at the 300 mark but are now stonger than ever!
I recommend everyone gets past the 300 post pain barrier ;)

Owenjones said:
The design of the page isn't as dynamic as I'd like but Reeko put that together in Blogspot so it's constrained by their limitations, but the idea and the work is what we're all about! And yeah, Reeko takes (or at least used to take) part in Illustration Friday and he likened it to that too.

Could you move it away to a Wordpress site on it's own domain to give you a bit more freedom in what can be done with the layout and site structure? I like the site as it is in a blog format, but it would be good if it had a homepage as such with the last few months song titles and previews of the entries perhaps?

Owenjones said:
Any new participators would be more than welcome. The song this month is Killer Queen (by Queen, of course).

If I had more illustrative skills I would be really keen to get involved but with all my spare time going in to developing Design Forums just now I just don't get the chance. Are you looking to find a few more illustrators to get involved?

I know a couple of illustrators who might be interested so will pass the site link on to them, and I'm sure over time this thread will help pick up a few new entrants.

Greg

Hi Tom, you'd be welcome to contribute - glad you like it!

Simply produce an illustration based on the title 'Killer Queen' (use lyrics for inspiration if you like, or just a literal (or cryptic) translation of the title and email it to me (owen at artboyart.com) by the end of the month.

We tend to have what I guess is like a 'probation' period of one or two months while we vet the entries (or that's how it worked with the last 'joinee'), hope that's ok?

That goes for anyone who is interested in joining, just let me know!

just seen this! rather interesting, not much of an illustrator, can we just mix it up?

also, do you want to put the follow thing on your blogspot?

Back