Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'll auction my bike for charity!

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by eddypeck, Mar 31, 2009.

1. eddypeck

eddypeck Member

A serious plea, your help is appreciated.

I've entered a competition to design a colour scheme for a new Kawasaki ER-6, the winner will be the one with the most votes.

I hope this suggestion doesn’t offend anyone as there could be personal gain for me. If I win I will get the ER-6 painted in my design.

But to prove I’m not totally selfish I will auction my current ZZR600 on ebay and give the proceeds to charity.

My wife was affected by Skin Cancer a few years ago and thankfully has been clear ever since, but unfortunately my Cousin died last year from Cancer age 40, leaving two children.

Although the children will be cared for by a loving father other kids might not be so lucky. If I were to win and therefore sell my ZZR I propose to split the money between a Cancer care charity/hospice and charity for orphaned children. I don’t know the exact charities yet as I’d want to talk to the family and let them choose.

I hope this suggestion doesn’t offend anyone as I know some people make great selfless sacrifices but I’m no saint, but every little helps. I know I could auction the new ER-6 if I won and give the lot to charity but I’m afraid I have my own troubles too and a new bike right now would be VERY useful. My ZZR should reach £800-900, maybe more with a bit of a PR campaign.

Please vote for my design and please also ask your friends and family. Thanks for your help.

[​IMG]

2. br3n

br3n Senior Member

voted :)

(message to short so adding this)

3. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Voted, good luck.

4. eddypeck

eddypeck Member

Thanks, I've set up a facebook group now to keep a track on the activity. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62512981459 please join. If I should win this is where I'll post the news and info for the charity auction.
    I recon I need about 100 votes a day so I'm a long way off.

5. captainrage

captainrage Senior Member

I know, how annoying is that!

VOTED.

6. eddypeck

eddypeck Member

just keeping this near the top ;-) still need 10 times more votes

7. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Can you keep up with who's winning, or are you just estimating Edd?

8. eddypeck

eddypeck Member

If you view the gallery you can select to view by most popular, the current winner has about 540 odd, I think I'm about 54, and there's only a week left of voting - so far the results from my campaign have been great and very fast but running out of time and need to step things up...

9. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Good luck with it then Tim.

:p

10. eddypeck

eddypeck Member

Had a bit of a spurt but things have died off again, I could really do with a bit more support! .... Please!

11. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

You're #14 and #1 is ahead with 600 votes. I don't want to sound negative or anything but I'm not seeing this happening. How long does the contest last?

PS: Eddy? Tim? What? Explain? Too many question marks?

12. eddypeck

eddypeck Member

voting ends on Friday! not much chance I know, but I've gotta keep plugging! (you never know)

13. Adam

Adam Senior Member

Is it wrong that I prefer other paint jobs? :(

14. eddypeck

eddypeck Member

ha, not at all! To be completely honest I'd rather have a plain black one but I didn't think I could say 'vote for my design' if I'd done that!