Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Kevin, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Does anyone actually use it? :confused:
  2. tim

tim Senior Member

used to.

only for the people who think they're internet-savvy, but really, really, arent :p
  3. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Nah, Netvibes all the way. It's like Netvibes for people who don't know any better.

I did build an iGoogle app once though…
  4. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I've looked at Netvibes before, but I didn't sign up for it or anything. I don't have a need for a page like that.
  5. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Never used it once...
  6. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

it's no use! why waste your time with that. I don't use anything with no benefits.
  7. gthornton101

gthornton101 Junior Member

agree with all the above.

I tried it for a short time when I came across it a while ago but doesn't really offer any benefit to me.
  8. Romack

Romack Senior Member

i use it, i kinda like it, i put on the feeds from bbc sport, and i have famous quote of the day. What also helps me is the weather forcast, it's there right away when i need it. Also, the date and time are on my home page, they tell me what day it is, and the time on that day. at the top i can even set themes that other people have taken time to make, one time i had it stripey, but today it isn't stripey. i think it's a theme, but i am not sure. best of all though, it has a place where i can type in words or things i am searching for and it finds them for me. I only wish there was games, like a flash game where you ride the trials bike over objects using your keyboard, that would be good. oh wait, i jut looked and i can put that on there too. awesome. i Google is THE best.
  9. I use it :) I have no problem with iGoogle.. Its all integrated nicely for me :) but I can see why people get annoyed with it :)
  10. Harry

Harry Senior Member

To you iGoogleers, serious question now (not trying to sound elitist/belittling) have you tried Netvibes before? It's really great, I much prefer it to iGoogle as it just seems more streamlined and well built. I have used both, so I know what I'm talking about haha.
  11. ahhh now i don't use it for news... LOL I use it just to have my googlemail there when I open the browser window :) and the googlemaps app :)
  12. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Netvibes does that, plus RSS (which is the main reason I use it)
  13. tim

tim Senior Member

i just cant be arsed.

simple as.

safari 4 is my iGoogle for the fact every link i would normally access is straight in front of me.

if i want the weather or the time or the date i'll use my dashboard (on my mac, not in a car) or the time reference at the top.

14. philjohns

philjohns Senior Member

Sounds like my dad - he uses it!

Used to use Netvibes and loved it - stopped using it a while back, changed my email and cant remember my login! New account please :)