• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

If Computers were made illegal....

berry

Our reliance on technology could one day be our downfall...

The EU made certain lightbulbs illegal this weekend,

A bit of fun to throw things out there,but......

What would you do if overnight Computers were made illegal? If someone degreed that Computers like smoking caused a certain disease and were outlawed along with the technology. Could we survive? how would we survive? what would happen to you as a designer or developer? Is it a bad thing? Pencils anyone?

tim

Screw pencils, I didn't get into web design to just draw it on paper!

If this actually happened, I'm pretty sure I'd organise a rampage against the government.

berry

tim-ater said:
Screw pencils, I didn't get into web design to just draw it on paper!
But the mark of a good design or idea is that it should be transferable. Never rely on technique or production for an idea translation. ie: Michelangelos Sistine Chapel, The Apple Logo, The latest Bond film. etc etc. If you can describe it and scribble it, concept sold. Use the common 'Elevator Pitch" process - imagine you had 40 second in an elevator to sell your concept or idea to the 'Big Man' till the lift stopped. Could you do it?

Anyway. what would you do if they took your toys away?????

M

mrleesimpson

I'd go underground. Have a secret society of designers and developers working for the resistance.

br3n

I agree with berry on this, Design is design, reguardless of the media it is presented within. A designer should be able to work within any field of "design"

Its all about understanding what your doing and creating accordingly.

_

In response to the google co2 thread, theres something super cool about google - they always manage to come accross as a knoweldgeable, respectable company (as you would expect) but at the same time playful.

This non-profit consortium is committed to cutting the energy consumed by computers in half by 2010 and so reducing global CO2 emissions by 54 million tons per year. That's a lot of kettles

tim

TBH stats like that are never 100% accurate.

@ Berry: True about design being design on a computer or not, but I'm crap at design anywhere other than a compooper.

br3n

tim-ater said:
TBH stats like that are never 100% accurate.

@ Berry: True about design being design on a computer or not, but I'm crap at design anywhere other than a compooper.
get your head outside the box then!