IE Rant

C

chrismitchell

<rant>

Grrrr IE and its stupid CSS reading qualities :mad:

Grrrrrr

</rant>

Anyone know how to fix a problem with margins going screwwy in IE using CSS?

any particular version?

ie6 sees widths/margings/padding differently to other browsers as if you have a width of 600px and padding either side of 50px the total will still be 600px, where as other browsers will see it as 700px (adding the padding onto the total...

this may help ie7-js - Google Code

let me know if that doesn't help and I might be able to be more helpfull with an example

but yes ie is gay!

other than that try css-tricks.com

cheers lads.. will look into that now... its only just happened too which is really odd :eek:

I don't think I changed anything in the CSS either LOL

It might be elements inside the problematic container, and not the CSS/container itself…

I think that the problem seems to be something being called via the PHP...

the site is Symposium Events its in the list of events... you can see how they go mental after the second one.. I can't see any problems with the CSS off the top of my head..

if its just happened you could have accidentally deleted something in the html like the closing of a tag.

Putting it through the w3 validator is a quick way to spot things like that and attend to any errors as internet explorer tends to be more sensitive to things like that than other browsers...

yeah i keep trying to get rid of the errors.. they keep coming back thanks to other people playing with my code :( can't stop the boss from getting involved.

Back