Ideas to improve this logo

gprovan

This one has been ongoing for a while, and the client has pretty much led it from the start.
I gave him some pretty nice, simplistic retro ideas initially but he was insistent on having an arced rainbow which led into the road using these kind of colours.

Although it's still pretty rough, it's nearly as he wants it now. I don't really like it too much but has anyone got any ideas without going back to the drawing board that could improve it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 16.14.18.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 16.14.18.png
    125.5 KB · Views: 21
This one has been ongoing for a while, and the client has pretty much led it from the start.
I gave him some pretty nice, simplistic retro ideas initially but he was insistent on having an arced rainbow which led into the road using these kind of colours.

Although it's still pretty rough, it's nearly as he wants it now. I don't really like it too much but has anyone got any ideas without going back to the drawing board that could improve it?

If it's the way the client wants it then why ask for our input?

I'd just tidy up the loose lines and clean up the shapes a bit more.

Other than that - if the client likes it then what's the problem?

If it's the way the client wants it then why ask for our input?

I'd just tidy up the loose lines and clean up the shapes a bit more.

Other than that - if the client likes it then what's the problem?

Thanks hankscorpio.
It's not quite there with the client; he says it's almost there.
I'd still like some feedback in case there's something simple anyone thinks could improve it without changing it too much.
I'll be tidying everything once they've pretty much signed off the design, but I'm not always content just to accept what the client wants.
It would be nice to show them something that's better even if it's just a subtle change.

It's the rainbow and all the other coloured lines that makes it far too messy. Does it have to be so top-heavy - can't the rainbow (if they insist)
go behind the van, and the whole thing sit in the circle better? I would lose the road and I don't think it helps that there's no outline round the van.

It's the rainbow and all the other coloured lines that makes it far too messy. Does it have to be so top-heavy - can't the rainbow (if they insist)
go behind the van, and the whole thing sit in the circle better? I would lose the road and I don't think it helps that there's no outline round the van.

Thanks Wardy. You're 100% right.

Unfortunately he wants the road and the rainbow like that. This has been the sticking point all the way through the process.
I might try to thin the road out a bit, enlarge the van over the mountains and outline the van. I'll see how that works.
:)

Tell him if he uses that logo it will make him look like a tinpot little homemade business.

It looks like something from a couple of decades ago.

Back