Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideal University Campuses?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Rhonda, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Rhonda

Rhonda Senior Member

As stated in a previous post, I am very much wanting to attend a college in England, to build on the higher education I already have. (knowledge which unfortunatly has now become obsolete)

Its been 10 years since then after all. :cry: I'm looking specifically for schools which have something along the lines of Internetworking Tech, Maybe Programming and Web Development. But also, Business Administration, Design and Business/Marketing, Business Information, Graphic design, or courses of a similar nature. Even html/css, php, etc.

I know it might be easier to just go to school here in the states, but I would want to eventually, hopefully live/work there. Thats the current desire anyway. I've already been searching a couple of schools and seeing what they offer. I have to pick carefully though because I am having help with funding.

I would prefer schools as close to in or around Coventry as possible, but if the course that best fits what I want is in another city, then I guess I can't be too choosy.

2. Tony

Tony Member

Check out The Times University ratings/guides. A quick search should show you the results.

3. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Somewhere like Aston in Birmingham could fit the job :)

4. tim

tim Senior Member

dont go near birmingham. it sucks monkey balls.

well, at least aston does. it's run down, chavvy, lonely, boring, empty, <other negative words> in my opinion.

5. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

I disagree completely, just because when you are at university somewhere it's not the same as living there / nearby for other reasons :)

All areas of the country have very very bad areas.

Definitely worth checking the uni out.

6. Rhonda

Rhonda Senior Member

True, no one is saying I would have to then live in Birmingham after right?:D But I don't want to be too afraid to go off campus, in case I want to explore. And its looking like I will be having to seek accomodations somehow because I have no one there I can live with while attending. I won't have a vehicle, better learn the bus routs hadn't I!

And actually I looked into Aston today. They seemed to have everything but what I was looking for or at least very limited. Well I'll have another look but Im leaning towards Coventry University in a way. It has both a Business Information course and Graphic Design course. Course, my financial ait might only be enough for one. In which case I will go with the the business first, with Design later if I can.

Thanks for the bits of advice so far, everyone. Im still open to more though if its there to have. Only thing Im not sure of is just how to get my computer there with me if I am able to, but that might be a little difficult and costly:cry:

7. sarah

sarah Member

Birmingham University halls of residence are amazing!!! It's nos scary at all because at Birmingham uni you are in your own little university bubble. And you can easily explore the city as well..

Coventry uni won't be nearly as much as fun. Go to a big city. My boyfriend went to Keele University in Stoke-on-Trent and he really regretted it because there was nothing to do and it was a dive. We had some crazy times in old Bham!!!

8. tim

tim Senior Member

all im sizzaying is try your best to avoid halls there, it seriously wears you down.

justmy opinion, im not a snob it's just depressing to see **** that goes on there, i used to go there 3 times a week so im not just bull****ting haha

9. sarah

sarah Member

depressing in the halls?? You obviously didn't actually live in the halls then seeing as going to uni there was the best 3 years of my life. We had our halls newly refurbished whilst we there and we all had sooo much fun all the time. Halls are meant to be a bit grimy and grungy. It's the beauty of being a student!

10. My halls were awful.. they were falling apart and had holes in the walls etc LOL was the funniest place to live.. the basement used to flood when it rained heavily LOL

But it was the craziest time when I was younger and it was loads of fun LOL :D It got demolished the year after I left from being unsafe :p

11. sarah

sarah Member

ha ha yeah sounds like our first term's halls before they were refurbished. Absolute dive. You could make any kind of mess you wanted in there and no one cared.

But then we got lovely ones in our second term and of course we were on our best behaviour then! ;)

12. tim

tim Senior Member

no the place is depressing not the halls

13. sarah

sarah Member

oooooooo i see. I shall let you off then.

(still don't think it is though)

14. tim

tim Senior Member

maybe just the route i used to go then :p