Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iCal is driving me nnnnuts

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by stephenpbarry, Dec 21, 2011.

1. stephenpbarry

stephenpbarry Junior Member

Please.
    Does anyone know whether there is a way of having my reminders display automatically in iCal as opposed to completely separate entities???
    I want to look at the calendar and see what I've got going on without having to refer to a separate list???
    All help would prevent my being sectioned ahead of Christmas.

2. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Can you not add them as events rather than reminders? Just click on the day and add it in. is that what you meant?

:confused:

3. stephenpbarry

stephenpbarry Junior Member

To be honest. Yes. But struggling to understand what the difference is. Why have Apple created Reminders? Perhaps I'm just unable to work out what reminders is for???

4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Well I would think it's likely this
    reminders - birthdays, anniversaries etc
    events - normal everyday appointments which can have an alert to let you know

That would be my logic....

5. tim

tim Senior Member

for birthdays and anniversaries just enter that info into each contact in address book. they then show up as any other calendar event would but in red.

reminders aren't anything that you haven't had before, they're just shown in a separate app.

they work as a shopping list and sync through the outlook or ical, or whatever other calendar app you use automatically.

they allow you to prioritise a set amount of things you want to do, but they're not set to one specific time.

if you want to add a specific time to a something, either set a reminder with a set time/place to be reminded, or put it in as an event.