I would like get feedback about my first Landing Page (CV site)

Daria Kirioglo

Hey, it is my first design site and I need criticism about it. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2020-01-30 (4).png
    2020-01-30 (4).png
    89.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 2020-01-30 (3).png
    2020-01-30 (3).png
    63.3 KB · Views: 20
Honestly... it looks like you've designed it around an ipad screen and ignored every other sort of resolution you could be viewed from.

I’m assuming this is for potential employers to see. If this is the case then keep it simple. Bin all the bling and just create a simple CV.

Thank you for feedback! Yes,it is for potential employers.
Great, so keep it simple. Your layout forces them to click on icons to see the details. If you just put it all on one page they can quickly scroll to see what have done and what you can do.

Have a read of 'Don't make me think' by Steve Krug. It's an old book but full of excellent advice.

A potential employer will be looking at dozens or even hundreds of CVs. Many will be scanned in seconds looking for keywords matching their requirements. Your job is to make sure they see these keyords within seconds of landing on the page (or viewing the PDF).

Have a read of 'Don't make me think' by Steve Krug. It's an old book but full of excellent advice.

A potential employer will be looking at dozens or even hundreds of CVs. Many will be scanned in seconds looking for keywords matching their requirements. Your job is to make sure they see these keyords within seconds of landing on the page (or viewing the PDF).
Yeah,I read this book. The main question for me what show first on this site.

Your name and contact details. Follow this with a summation as to why you would be a good fit for the job.

This does of course mean updating the CV for each application. The reason being each recruiter will be looking for the specific keywords they had in the vacancy notice.

I think it's really nice, clean and modern. But I hope you will use your own photo on this. Not a cartooned one, or simply just work on it more for it to be perfect! Overall, nice work.

Back