Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wonder if it' a place for me

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by akowalik, Dec 4, 2010.

1. akowalik

akowalik Junior Member

Hi, I am so bored going through different google searches. What a waste of time.
    Me, I use to work as a designer and technological supervisor in advertising company in Warsaw at the quite crazy time when it was growing so, so fast. I specialized in difficult projects and I have to say that chalenges were interesting. But after 7 years I started to hate my life. Always busy and in a hurry. Designing and manufacturing rubbish. It was not my goal. I quit. I sold some lamps in art galleries; done some exclusive pieces of furniture for shops and designed interiors and furniture linesfor retail chains. At that time I met most of my client through contact after I sold my paintings.
    I moved to Scotland in 2005 and worked as CNC router operator and programer. As It was not enough for my ambition I started to make plans to reopen business on my own.
    At the moment I work on two lamps: big(over 1200x600mm) polycarbonate ceiling one And super efficient 3W LED bedside one. Apart from electrics both are made from offcuts and other things found in a skip. As I'm nearly finished them I started to look for a way to sell them on the internet.
    Any advice?
  2. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

you have pm!
  3. ralphsaunders

ralphsaunders Senior Member

Hi Ako, welcome to DF.

Might I suggest something similar to a portfolio site. You might have your company bio & contact details, as well as a "latest projects" section where people can find out about specific projects & are given your contact details.

You might also want to look at etsy. It's a market place for people to sell homemade stuff, although your projects sound more upmarket than the stuff I usually see on there.
  4. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Welcome to DF mate, sure you will find plenty of help around this olde town!
  5. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member