Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think My Website is Finally Finished (C&C?)

Discussion in 'Website Design Critique:' started by Tony Hardy, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I think I've finally got my website finished; Graphic Design Newcastle | Web Design Newcastle | Design Agency Newcastle

I'm going down the route of SEO using landing pages for individual offers etc as Corrosive suggested to me a while back.

What is everyones thoughts, on design, on content, on the wording and the SEO techniques I've tried?

Cheers,
    Tony

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

I think your link colour is maybe too strong/dark.

3. Tony Hardy

The links on the white backgrounds? I was thinking that myself but I was unsure.

4. Stationery Direct

Yep..

5. Tony Hardy

I think it has more to do with the underline than the actual colour? Any thoughts?

6. Stationery Direct

I'd make them lighter than they are and underline on hover.

7. Tony Hardy

Would you make them lighter than the rest of the text, or just a touch darker?

8. Stationery Direct

Just a touch darker.

9. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

Adding to the above, I might make the rest of the text slightly darker too, as well as the links slightly lighter. Hurts my eyes a bit reading the grey on grey.

10. Tony Hardy

Reckon you could grab me a screenshot of my site on your machine?
    Here, the 2 greys are nicely defined...haha. :)

11. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I personally think the body copy is way too long (in terms of width). It doesn't make the landing page seem like an actual landing page. Can you put that text into columns that match your thumbnails, then maybe add a slideshow of projects or something under the blurb to add a bit of visual interest?

12. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3184/cannyy.jpg

Not sure if you've changed it (I can see you've changed the links since I posted originally) but it doesn't seem as bad now!

I think the colour for the word 'Portfolio' would work well, but then I think that may even be what you've now got for the links?

13. Tony Hardy

Cheers. Nah, I've got a darkish grey on there now. Jesus, it's loads darker on your screen than mine, on mine, I can barely tell any difference.

@Paul, a slideshow under the blurb? I've got the thumbnails there....maybe a slideshow would be too much?

14. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

You certainly are connected socially!

I like it. One thing is bugging me though. There's something unnatural about your body text. I can't work out if the leading is too big, or the spaces in between each word? Perhaps it's a little of both.

15. Tony Hardy

I don't want to be that socially connected, I don't think. But, I like all of the sites there and I guess they're must haves? Not sure though.

I think it's the leading with the body text. I'll have a go at adjusting it and see how we get on.

16. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

Yea there's definitely something strange going on with the leading. Think that will make the world of difference. Like self-branding, designing ones own website is just as painful. I need to do that again soon, getting bored of mine!

17. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I meant beneath "Canny Creative is a Graphic Design & Web Design agency based in Newcastle Upon Tyne, England.", in place of the body copy that's there now. It looks too wordy for a portfolio/landing page as it is.

18. NUGFX

NUGFX Member

get rid of the roleover icon text at the top of the nav bar

layout is simple and clean which it good. the blue is a little bit too dark tho.