I need some help with my web design

SillyHatAffiliate

Hello everyone :)
I'm not a professional web designer, though really enjoying doing it..
I want to start my own blog about marketing, so I took a few days to design my website very carefully.. (I didn't want to pay someone professional)
I think that the end result is looking nice, but I'd like to hear a professional opinion too
this is what I came out with so far: www.silly-hat.net
Would be very thankful if someone would review this for me.
Thanks in advance!

It's a bit too cluttered for my tastes if I'm honest. There's a lot of 'visual noise' with all the graphics around the main text area in the middle which is pulling my focus making reading it hard, the small text size doesn't help either.

It's a bit too cluttered for my tastes if I'm honest. There's a lot of 'visual noise' with all the graphics around the main text area in the middle which is pulling my focus making reading it hard, the small text size doesn't help either.

I completely agree with your opinion. Blue color is just too eye catching and making it difficult to read the content of the page. Visually seems to be very much work need to be done. And One suggestion would be give some messages on the pages, which are under construction and are not having any content.

You should remove the background image with the white iPhone. It's colliding with the header and articles. The "social media" category is empty. Why? In the "write for
me" section there is an email form, where people can get in touch with you if they want to write for you. Could you explain why there is a square yellow box right under
the "your name" field? Did you intend to add recaptcha? Also the "marketing tools" section is empty.

Honestly, it feels like you have just spent a few days in May to create the website. Then you have abandoned it and left it to its fate (until the domain expires).

Back