Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a USB stick!

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by wac, Sep 2, 2010.

1. wac

wac Senior Member

Can anyone recommend a sturdy USB memory stick. I first bought one similar to this one: which in fairness is still functioning, but the bit that lets you put it on your key ring broke a few months ago.

Then I bought this one which looks the part but the key ring bit broke and it stopped functioning after about 2 months.

I need a a stick that can handle being mobile on a daily basis, anyone have something like that?

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

3. davewill

davewill Senior Member

amazon dont seem to be selling the one I bought last year but it was similar to this...

SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB flash drive - 16 GB

never had a problem with it, 16GB in capacity so very good value and v.reliable

EDIT: Didnt see Levis reply so just proves SanDisk's are the way forward!
    ________
    Mflb

4. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Memory is dead cheap these days..amazon...even Morrison's do them cheap. I prefer the cruzers tho!

5. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Always found play to be my one stop shop for flash :)

6. wac

wac Senior Member

I think what I need is a happy medium. Most of the keying bits are far too flimsy to withstand being removed from my back pocket a few times, on the other hand I can’t see that I’d need it to be tank proof either like your second suggestion levi. Dave’s suggestion looks like it’s got quite a thick keying holder thing and the price is right, I might give that one it’s day in court.

7. ralphsaunders

ralphsaunders Senior Member

8. wac

wac Senior Member

Yeah these look the business as far as the keyring issue is concerned but the reviews suggest it's not as robust electronically.

9. ralphsaunders

ralphsaunders Senior Member

I think they have some newer versions (instead of "iamaKey" it's "whizzKey", or something) which are meant to be better.