i need a logo please

Status
Not open for further replies.

promostamper

hello

i need a logo for a small networking group - i made the last one and it didnt turn out to be kind of ok. i have a notion of design i would like and would like the copyright to revert to me.

thanks

promostamper said:
i made the last one and it didnt turn out to be kind of ok.

There's a lesson learnt!

promostamper said:
i have a notion of design

mmmmm.......See above! - lesson not quite learnt!

promostamper said:
i would like and would like the copyright to revert to me.

No problem if you do pounds, shillings and pence then I'm sure nobody will be bothered about that side.
What is your budget for this? If you want a cheap free favour then this is the wrong site. If you want to be taken seriously then put your money down. If you want to barter I doubt there will be any takers. There are a lot of really good guys/gals who will sort you out, but if you don;t post a budget all you will get is flak. Serious is, serious does.

Berry said:
[bit about notion of design]
mmmmm.......See above! - lesson not quite learnt!
I think that was meant to mean I have an idea of the design I'm after

No problem if you do pounds, shillings and pence then I'm sure nobody will be bothered about that side.
What is your budget for this? If you want a cheap free favour then this is the wrong site. If you want to be taken seriously then put your money down. If you want to barter I doubt there will be any takers. There are a lot of really good guys/gals who will sort you out, but if you don;t post a budget all you will get is flak. Serious is, serious does.
Agree completely :)

well if i wanted it for free then i would have said free
as i have never had a logo designed for me before have no idea costs so will say my budget is about £250
yes i have an idea of what i want and being polite will always get people jobs not attacking

have a nice day

Specification: a detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work

One and one half lines is not a detailed description.

Admin you need to put some "Donation button" on the site :D when this cases happens they just donate the money and some team may do some scratch :D

and btw this isnt the right place to ask that, i guess... if you want that logo perhaps just specify want you want for the logo and tell them to send to you a PM over forum to take the case more serious. and hire him (me not pls i´ve a job). Just a suggestion.

promostamper said:
well if i wanted it for free then i would have said free
as i have never had a logo designed for me before have no idea costs so will say my budget is about £250
yes i have an idea of what i want and being polite will always get people jobs not attacking

have a nice day

Promostamper, at no point in your original post did you not say Free, and that is a key point that needed early clarification. Clarity of information is what everyone wants. This forum is littered with one posters who want free work of some kind, and who think that any designers online is desperate for any type of work to build a portfolio. All anyone expects is a fair payment for a good job. I said there are loads of capable designers on DF who will do the job you require - at a price/rate that you have now have given. If there is to be an online business transaction between two parties for services given and recieved it is best that all parties understand the financial arrangements and terms from the beginning. Otherwise everyone will waste time playing ping pong online, which is very very common on design forums.
Clarity of information is all e asked. Any online cynisism is based on forum experiences. Hope you get sorted.

**Boom Explosive**

You can get something Decent for £250 buddy, drop me a PM and we can discuss it if you like?

Hi promostamper, I'd be willing to work with you and a £250 budget to develop a logo for you.

Please visit my website The Work Of Neil Martin for examples of my work and get in touch if you'd like to work together. You can contact me at neil AT theworkof.co.uk.

I'd be pleased to discuss the brief further as well.
My website is in my signature. Feel free to contact me through that or PM me here.

Hi Promostamper,

Assuming this hasn't been done already I would be interested in quoting you for this once i've seen a spec, as i probably wouldn't charge £250 for a logo (dependant on spec though) .
If you would like to take a look at my portfolio it's Home feel free to take a look, however, I haven't updated my portfolio in some time, so if you would like to see more recent work please let me know and i can send you some over...

I look forward to hearing from you
Michelle

Hi Cupcake,

Welcome to Design Forum, also welcome to the fact of making yourself immediatley unpopular with some members for gatecrashing ongoing member dialogue and then having the ternacity to openly try and undercut the whole proceedings. Considering this is your first post and you have no forum rep and you are a newbie, it is very bad form and borders on design spamming and scavaging. I'm sure the forum members who populate and contribute and have input on a regular basis like Glen, Anoge and Ken must be adding you to their Xmas card list as we speak.
It is also considered forum etique to post an introduction and get a welcome before scouring the forum trying to take work off members. Not a good beginning to DF. Hackles are up.

I'm afraid to say that Berry is very right :( its not a nice way to enter a forum with no introduction or anything like that .. :(

Welcome to the forum though Michelle :)

I dont post on these forums for that very reason - everyone's so concerned with what everyone else is doing all the time!

I registered on this forum ages ago and for some reason have been getting work from it, even though i don't post, so i thought i would come on and take a look, despite hating these forums.

Im not here to be popular or make friends, i'm here to work and help the people looking for designers (saying that im not here to stir trouble or make enemies either)

Regardless of any current dialogue, I posted because i read the original post and thought i could help, that's it. The price i offer to do it for is up to me, personally i think no logo would cost £250! and wouldn't charge that, a logo would take me a couple hours max and i certainly don't charge £100 a hour!!!!

Although i am not trying to annoy anyone - i'm not concered with anyone else, if original poster is interested in my post, great, if not, fine, but other people's posts really aren't my concern.
Sorry if that sounds really selfish but i just find these forums so rediculous with all the ettiquette!

Michelle

Well you're well on your way to having no friends on here.
If you hate the forums so much I suggest you hang out on Facebook or MySpace.
You sound like a design parasite trying to eek out a living, possibly a design graduates that can't get a job. I don't like you full stop. You are this ignorant untalented breed of wannabee designers. I've seen your portfolio and that says it all. Competent but well below average. And you are right your work doesn't merit £250 value for a logo.
If that seems selfish and harsh, it's meant to be. I just find these forums so ridiculous full of young scavanging wannabees.

Berry

lol.. thanks for proving my point about these forums & my apologies to original poster who i'm sure just wanted design help, so im sure your post of insults towards me is really helping him out! :/

As i said im not looking for friends here... this isn't facebook!
Thanks for the insults, totally unjustified since you don't even know me!
What exactly is a scavaging wannabe? can't say i've ever heard of one of those.

FYI - I have a law degree and a graphic design degree and I work full time as a graphic designer, and have done since i was 20....
I just do freelance on the side for some extra cash as i have just got married and have a baby on the way..

I do believe this section of the forum is for 'tenders' which generally means for people to quote on jobs, which is exactly what i did, so i'm not sure exactly what your problem is?

I just do freelance on the side for some extra cash as i have just got married and have a baby on the way..

so berry was right.

and a graphic design degree doesnt mean you're a designer.

Berry said:
Well you're well on your way to having no friends on here.
If you hate the forums so much I suggest you hang out on Facebook or MySpace.
You sound like a design parasite trying to eek out a living, possibly a design graduates that can't get a job. I don't like you full stop. You are this ignorant untalented breed of wannabee designers. I've seen your portfolio and that says it all. Competent but well below average. And you are right your work doesn't merit £250 value for a logo.
If that seems selfish and harsh, it's meant to be. I just find these forums so ridiculous full of young scavanging wannabees.

Berry

Ditto there's always someone willing to drop their pants. A designer should be hired because they are good, not because they are cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back