I need a graphic designer for a 2d game

mehrdadsh

hello
I’m making a 2d game(50% done). I need a graphic designer to help me with the graphic design, you must also know a little animating as well.
im doing this to gain experience so there is no money involved. but im also super serious about it.
and at the end of the project i will publish it in playstore,steam,… so we might end up making some money.
email me if you are interested
[email protected]

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    672.3 KB · Views: 5
I really do hope that doesn't involve trying to swat as many so-called bugs as one can.

Apart from that, no-one is interested in your pipe dream, we need to get paid for our services.

I agree with Wardy on this. We are professionals and as such need payment.

But then again - the offer is there and it's clear there's no money in it - so if someone wants to have a go and partner up for equal shares then why not.

Always remember Flappy Bird!

Sorry, but I get really quite irked by these sorts of posts. How many other professionals would you dare ask to give their time for free? Your accountant? Lawyer? Dentist? Plumber? Not one I’d wager, without expecting very short shrift from all of them.

I realise it is only an ask on your part, and we can all just say ‘no thanks’ or ignore it. However, please understand how, for those who may have spent years honing their craft, it could be seen, at the very least, as more than a little irritating and potentially disrespectful.

Sorry, but I get really quite irked by these sorts of posts. How many other professionals would you dare ask to give their time for free? Your accountant? Lawyer? Dentist? Plumber? Not one I’d wager, without at the very least, as more than a little irritating and potentially disrespectful.

Or an opportunity for someone who is interested in this and doesn't mind working for free.

Or an opportunity for someone who is interested in this and doesn't mind working for free.
Of course, but there is already enough rubbish out there turning the whole industry into a race for the bottom, meaning talented kids coming out of college are finding it harder and harder to find paid, meaningful work. Personally, I am long in the tooth enough now to know that it, too will pass. I am old enough to remember in-house DTP threatening to be the nail in design’s coffin. Of course, in the end people realised that quality counts and that the office junior with a copy of Word and a Laser Printer does not effective communication make. The same will happen again, but in the meantime, find it difficult to see young hopefuls – as many of us were just ten minutes ago – who are talented and who have some thing to add, being sidelined because there are armies of alacritous, but ignorant teenagers out there who will work for £50 (or free – ‘you’ll get great exposure’). As I say, it just turns the whole thing into a race to the bottom.

I think I’ve gone off on one again, haven’t I?!

Sorry, but I get really quite irked by these sorts of posts. How many other professionals would you dare ask to give their time for free? Your accountant? Lawyer? Dentist? Plumber? Not one I’d wager, without expecting very short shrift from all of them.

I realise it is only an ask on your part, and we can all just say ‘no thanks’ or ignore it. However, please understand how, for those who may have spent years honing their craft, it could be seen, at the very least, as more than a little irritating and potentially disrespectful.
wow, i am an student myslef. clearly you dont undestand the post, its not for professionals. its to gain experience. what is wrong with you people. i already found 2 people interested.

Of course, but there is already enough rubbish out there turning the whole industry into a race for the bottom, meaning talented kids coming out of college are finding it harder and harder to find paid, meaningful work. Personally, I am long in the tooth enough now to know that it, too will pass. I am old enough to remember in-house DTP threatening to be the nail in design’s coffin. Of course, in the end people realised that quality counts and that the office junior with a copy of Word and a Laser Printer does not effective communication make. The same will happen again, but in the meantime, find it difficult to see young hopefuls – as many of us were just ten minutes ago – who are talented and who have some thing to add, being sidelined because there are armies of alacritous, but ignorant teenagers out there who will work for £50 (or free – ‘you’ll get great exposure’). As I say, it just turns the whole thing into a race to the bottom.

I think I’ve gone off on one again, haven’t I?!

I completely understand from a professional standpoint.

The OP was clear and honest that it was non-paying and if they make a bit of money sobeit.

Either you're interested or you're not.

It's good feedback in general - but really - it's a hobbyist project and if you want to do it the Forum here won't stop anyone from gaining the experience - as a professional - I am not interested in this line of work. But I do understand that finding work when starting out that is meaningful and that you can add to a portfolio is tough to come by.

What we need to do as a community is to support everyone - it's tough out there, maybe someone has lost their job, or finding it tough to find a job and want to do something different.

It's not aimed at you, @spout, but it is all too often on this forum that negativity is the first port of call to anyone daring to ask someone to work for free.

But this instance, it's ok - it's clear and honest and not underhanded.

wow, i am an student myslef. clearly you dont undestand the post, its not for professionals. its to gain experience. what is wrong with you people. i already found 2 people interested.

Best of luck with it - hope it goes well and if you feel like it - do post back if it goes live!

I take your point. Fair enough. I’ll pull my head in. I certainly don’t wish any ill will. Probably just having a bad day, dealing with a client whose site has just been hacked.

I take your point. Fair enough. I’ll pull my head in. I certainly don’t wish any ill will. Probably just having a bad day, dealing with a client whose site has just been hacked.

No worries.
We all start somewhere. This could be someone's start.

Can I just apologise to the poster too for my glib comments, I was probably having a bad day too.

I get asked a lot to become 'partners' in a project and I'm just not interested as often things are just totally out of your own hands
and so the risks are too great.

I know you're not asking for advice, but think seriously about showing bees and ladybirds being swatted, in these environmentally sensitive times.

Can I just apologise to the poster too for my glib comments, I was probably having a bad day too.

I get asked a lot to become 'partners' in a project and I'm just not interested as often things are just totally out of your own hands
and so the risks are too great.

I know you're not asking for advice, but think seriously about showing bees and ladybirds being swatted, in these environmentally sensitive times.
no problem

Back